THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Transport fall back and contents shoot?

Go down 
+2
shadowseercB
Hellstrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

Transport fall back and contents shoot? Empty
PostSubject: Transport fall back and contents shoot?   Transport fall back and contents shoot? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 10:18

I'm sure there was an FAQ or something, but I can't remember (haven't played in 5 months).

If a Raider is assaulted, then in my turn falls back, it has the fly rule, so can shoot still, but not (re)assault. What about the Kabalites on board? Can they shoot? Can they do anything else?
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Transport fall back and contents shoot?   Transport fall back and contents shoot? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 10:25

if there is room disembark then shoot.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: Transport fall back and contents shoot?   Transport fall back and contents shoot? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 10:36

Can I just shoot from onboard the vehicle though?
Back to top Go down
Kissaki
Hellion
Kissaki

PostSubject: Re: Transport fall back and contents shoot?   Transport fall back and contents shoot? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 10:40

I thought I remember seeing somewhere in the rules that a flier can fall back and still shoot but not its passengers. But I can't find the passage right now... ePub version of the core rules where the worst purchase I made in a long time :/

can someone give me the page number to the flier rule / the rule where passengers of a vehicle that fell back can or can't shoot?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Transport fall back and contents shoot?   Transport fall back and contents shoot? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 10:52

The wording of the actual Open Topped rule, in both Raider and Venom dataslates, last sentence:

"Note that the passengers cannot shoot if this model falls back, even though the Raider/Venom itself can."

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Kissaki
Hellion
Kissaki

PostSubject: Re: Transport fall back and contents shoot?   Transport fall back and contents shoot? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 11:39

Ah that's where I red it then. Pity me I expected op-topped or the fly rule in the core rule book. Not sure if its just me (probably) but the 8th edition rules seem all over the place..
Back to top Go down
RegoCrux
Hellion
RegoCrux

PostSubject: Re: Transport fall back and contents shoot?   Transport fall back and contents shoot? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 11:39

Right squidmaster got the crux of it. And always follow shadowseercB's advice. The game only lasts a few rounds. Don't lose a round of your passengers shooting, even if it leaves them vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: Transport fall back and contents shoot?   Transport fall back and contents shoot? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 17:54

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Transport fall back and contents shoot?   Transport fall back and contents shoot? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 21:13

How about the 2 command point stratagem that allows units to shoot and attack after falling back, cruel deception or something like that, could it be used on the passengers to overwrite that part of the open topped rule?
I guess not?
As it doesn't explicitly mention this rather specific shooting disallowance?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transport fall back and contents shoot?   Transport fall back and contents shoot? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transport fall back and contents shoot?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: