THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Had my first codex game against necrons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite

Had my first codex game against necrons Empty
PostSubject: Had my first codex game against necrons   Had my first codex game against necrons I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 07:15

My list

Flayed skull batallion
Two archons
3x5 kabalites w blasters
4 venoms
1 raider w lance
Dissie razorwing

Red grief outrider detachment
Succubus
10 wyches
2x5 hellions
2x6 reavers w talons and blasters
Raider w dissie

Black heart spearhead
Archon, muse relic
3 dissie ravagers.

Opponent brought one warlord vehicle
Some cryptecs
A ctan shard
A lot of tesla
A lot of wraiths
A lot of destroyers
A group of roboskellies with soear and shields
And chaff

Opponent had +1 to initiative roll
Had two ravagers in DS
I won roll off. Cp wasted!
Shot opponent off the board while the cult disrupted his movement and venoms jumped on objectives.
Opponent tried to reanimate wraith squad. His face when I used agents of vect stragaem and rolled a 6 was priceless. I really twisted the knife when I got two cp back. I held my wyches and succubi back and entered them into the fray after the reavers and one hellion squad finally died. My opponent had forgotten about them and it rendered an entire squad of warriors inert. At the end of round 4 he had the cran on two wounds, two tesla dudes and a cryptek left.

My thoughts on my army:
Dissie ravagers are amazing! With the reroll, they still kick ass when hitting on 5s!
The hellions were actually clutch units. I kept them at the back of each flank, hugging terrain. They kept the wraiths in check and worked really good as harrasment units. Reavers T2 cgarged the warlord and made him retreat backwards, making him retreat out of range of my vehicles, so he couldn’t shoot. Overall I was surprised at how well flayed skulls worked and how well they synergized with red grief.

The score at the end was 13-2 to me.

DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Had my first codex game against necrons   Had my first codex game against necrons I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 08:12

Hen Tai, the tentacle guy wrote:
His face when I used agents of vect stragaem and rolled a 6 was priceless. I really twisted the knife when I got two cp back.

I swear this is a new MasterCard ad waiting to happen. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Had my first codex game against necrons   Had my first codex game against necrons I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 08:32

The real boon of agents of vent is that your opponent is terrified of using stratagems, while you have cp enough to use it. This means you have a upper hand against your opponent until the resource is spent. and when you are out of cp, you have usually exterminated half his army anyways.

DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Had my first codex game against necrons   Had my first codex game against necrons I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 09:29

Agreed, provided you use it at the right moment for the right stratagem. Your opponent's stratagem not going off needs to halt his momentum, but you also have to be in a position to take advantage of that.

Rolling a 6 AND recovering some of your CP? Well, that's just plain old evil FUN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had my first codex game against necrons   Had my first codex game against necrons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Had my first codex game against necrons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: