THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Yvraine and Warlord Trait

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

Yvraine and Warlord Trait Empty
PostSubject: Yvraine and Warlord Trait   Yvraine and Warlord Trait I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2018, 21:49

Guys I made a post about this earlier and for the most part we thought yvraine and her ynnari hq buddies couldn't get an appropriate warlord trait but I was rereading the rules to how a character gets a warlord trait.

If a Drukhari Character is your Warlord, they can generate a Warlord Trait from the appropriate table below (depending on whether they
have the <KABAL>, <WYCH CULT> or <HAEMONCULUS COVEN> keyword) instead of the one in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook. You can
either roll on the table to randomly generate a Warlord Trait, or you can select the one that best suits their temperament and preferred style
of waging war.

Here sadly it makes it clear that they couldn't get a drukhari warlord trait because yvraine does not have the kabal wych cult or haemonc keyword. Note that drukhari character is actually not a keyword. If she was in a drukhari detachment, she would be a drukhari character by purpose of the rules but not a DRUKHARI model. There is a distinction if it is capitalized or not.

But if we put her in a craftworlds detachment...

If theWarlord of your army is a Craftworlds CHARACTER, you
can either pick theirWarlord Trait from the AsuryaniWarlord
Traits below or roll a dice and consult the table to randomly
generate it.

See CHARACTER is a keyword. Craftworlds is not nor is ASURYANI mentioned. So she could get a craftworlds keyword. Make her bieltan and even though your detachment won't get the trait as per the ynanri rules she will get this warlord trait

Natural Leader: Tactical acumen and the use
of targeting matrices are second nature to this
battle-seasoned Warlord.
At the start of your Shooting phase, pick a friendly
BIEL-TAN unit within 3" of yourWarlord.
You can re-roll all failed hit rolls for that unit in
that phase.

and suddenly those reapers you are deepstriking thanks to allowing craftworld strats and casting word of the pheonix have a never failing guide...

Running a patrol detachment if this interpretation is correct,
Biel tan
Yvrain
10 dark reapers
160 guardians
webway portal in both reapers and guardians and cast reroll 1's on guardians and use warlord trait on reapers. Only downside is the warlord trait is at the start of the shooting phase so no rerolls in the psychic phase

Am I completely and utterly wrong with this or am I completely a dick but correct?

As a side note...
If you look at chapter approved, all the warlrod traits are given to a <FACTION> CHARACTER and the factions are capitalized, but in the codex they are not

On a different side not, the faq says you can use a codex's warlord traits, stratagems and relics but i this didn't wrk then there is literally NO REASON to mention warlord traits as it would be impossible
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Yvraine and Warlord Trait   Yvraine and Warlord Trait I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2018, 22:00

I'm still really puzzled by this part of the FAQ.

The easiest interpretation would be to say that Ynnari characters can't actually take Craftworld, Drukhari or Harlequin warlord traits because they lack the relevant keywords. Additionally, they're special characters, and without other exception you can't choose the warlord trait for a special character (this is also the case for Relics, which is another related concern here).

But why mention it at all, in that case? Maybe Ynnari HQs can take those warlord traits. Maybe they are essentially gaining the relevant keyword. But then we run into the issue that there are no Drukhari traits, only Kabal, Cult, and Coven warlord traits. But then Drazhar - a unit that lacks any of those keywords - does have the ability to take a warlord trait (and a Kabal one at that).

I don't think there's an easy way to interpret this without further clarification. My guess is that they screwed up and they only intended to say that the Ynnari detachment could take Craftworld/Drukhari/Harlequin stratagems and relics (if you use the relevant stratagem).
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: Yvraine and Warlord Trait   Yvraine and Warlord Trait I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2018, 22:01

see they don't lack the keywords. The only keyword mentioned in the craftworld codex is CHARACTER
it says craftworld but it doesn;t say CRAFTWORLD and there is a BIG distinction
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: Yvraine and Warlord Trait   Yvraine and Warlord Trait I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2018, 22:05

Burnage wrote:
But then Drazhar - a unit that lacks any of those keywords - does have the ability to take a warlord trait (and a Kabal one at that).

Yeah but he can't choose. It has to be hatred eternal and I guess they explicitly mention him. The only problem with ynnari is the language makes it seem like now they can take one but the language used for Drukhari makes it clear as day it can't be a drukhari one and the language for craftworlds isn't so crystal
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Yvraine and Warlord Trait   Yvraine and Warlord Trait I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2018, 22:10

I think, based upon other Codex rules and Chapter Approved, that it is reasonable to assume that when the Craftworlds book says "Craftworlds CHARACTER" it actually means "ASURYANI CHARACTER" (as both our Codex and Chapter Approved state that an eligible character for the respective warlord traits need to either be a DRUKHARI CHARACTER or a HARLEQUIN CHARACTER).

So whether Ynnari HQs are actually eligible for Craftworld Warlord Traits would have the same answer for Harlequins as well - but the Drukhari's tripartite structure as a faction is an additional complication.

PFI wrote:
Burnage wrote:
But then Drazhar - a unit that lacks any of those keywords - does have the ability to take a warlord trait (and a Kabal one at that).

Yeah but he can't choose. It has to be hatred eternal and I guess they explicitly mention him. The only problem with ynnari is the language makes it seem like now they can take one but the language used for Drukhari makes it clear as day it can't be a drukhari one and the language for craftworlds isn't so crystal

Right, but it's precedent that you can have a <Kabal> Warlord Trait without having the <Kabal> keyword.
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: Yvraine and Warlord Trait   Yvraine and Warlord Trait I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2018, 22:19

well it probably means <CRAFTWORLD> <CHARACTER>

i just want a warlord trait...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yvraine and Warlord Trait   Yvraine and Warlord Trait I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yvraine and Warlord Trait
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: