THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Void Raven as LoW

Go down 
+2
shadowseercB
Faitherun
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 04:23

What would a Void Raven as our LoW look like?

Here is my take

M  WS   BS   S   T   W   A   LD   SV
*    4+    *      7    7     18  2    9    3+
30 to 15 wounds:
M = 20 - 60,  BS = 2+,   Weapon = 6d3 (pods), 4 (cannon)

6 to 14 wounds;
M = 20 - 40,  BS = 3+,  Weapon = 5d3 (pods), 3 (cannon)

1 to 5 wounds:
M = 20-30, BS = 4+, Weapon = 4d3 (pods), 2 (cannon)

Special Rules:

Normal Flyer rules: (supersonic, explodes, hard to hit etc)

Advanced Night Shield: 4++

Colossal Flier: Measure to hull, subtract 12 for weapons targeting this unless they have the Fly keyword

Bombs: Same as now but can drop up to 4 of them

Superior targeting systems: never suffer penalties to hit (mods from advancing, -1 from traits/strats etc)

Torment field: Enemy units within 12" must re-roll successful morale tests. If they can normally re-roll failed tests, this negates that instead. Furthermore, all negative effects of LD are doubled.

Weapons: Comes with a set of void pods and a Tail-mounted Pulse Void Lance

Weapon systems:
Void pods
Type            Rng   S    AP    D    Special
Assault*       24"    8    -3     2     Consult the wound tracker chart for number of shots

Tail-mounted Pulse Void Lance
Assault 4       48    9    -4    d6    

Tail-Mounted Pulse Disintegrator
Assault 6      36     8     -3    2

Tail-mounted Cluster bomb pods
Assault 6       12    6    -2     1    Every successful hit generates an additional d3 hits on a 4+

Twin Void Cannons
Heavy *        60    16   -4    6     Every 6+ to wound vs a vehicle or monster does an extra d3 damage.

Supernova Black dot
Heavy 1        *      *    *      *     This bomb may be used once per game in the same manner as the other bombs. When dropped, roll a d6 for each model in the target unit, or 10 d6 if the target is a monster or vehicle. For each roll of a 2+ the target suffers a mortal wound. In addition, every unit within 6" of the target unit (Friend or foe) is also hit in the same fashion, but only suffers a mortal wound on a 4+. Note, this can hit the Voidraven itself.

Options:
May replace one normal bomb with a Supernova Black Dot
May replace the Void Pods with Twin Void Cannons
May replace the Tail-mounted Pulse Void Lance with Tail-Mounted Cluster Bomb Pods or Tail-Mounted Pulse Disentegrator
May take Torment Field

Points are iffy, but with weapons would like to see this 350 - 450

Thoughts? Tweaks?

Last edited by Faitherun on Sun May 13 2018, 04:02; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 10:01

I would make it T7 or below but otherwise gj I really like it.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 10:53

I like it. Maybe nab the heavy disintegrator cannons from the Tantalos as an option?
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 04:03

After some consideration, I dropped the Toughness to 7. Lowered the Strength as well. Eldar should not really venture into T8 much, especially not the True Kin.

Also added the Pulse Disintegrator as I think it added a nice option.

What do you all think of the Torment Filed - is it to strong? With Dark Creed and a PGL, almost every unit will be LD 1.

Finally, I think this should either have only the KABAL key word, or have all three - but I can't decide. Or have Mercenary... keep going back and forth
Back to top Go down
Fl4iedSkul
Hellion
Fl4iedSkul

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2018, 13:08

Personally, replace the 4 void mines with only two, maybe even just one as you have you supersonic black dot. Other than that, I have zero clue. Being pretty much only a Drukhari player for my entire time, I do not have any experience at all with Lords of War :/ but it feels a little bit too powerful. Torment field is fun, I've had enough of 'And they shall know no rules'

Also what in the world is Colossal flier?!

Vrasque Malidrach needs an official character in game Mad
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2018, 22:43

Colossal Flyer is just as it says on the tin there: any shooting directed your way is at -12 to their range (Yes this means flamers can not hit it)

It is a FW rule most of the heavy fliers have.

Is the Supernova Black dot powerful? Yes. Maybe only having 2 would be decent, but only one, I think that's too weak. Even with 4 bombs to drop, I doubt it would live long enough to do so.

At T7, 3+/4++ and 30 wounds - it's not gonna be too hard to drop.
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2018, 21:48

Faitherun wrote:
Colossal Flyer is just as it says on the tin there: any shooting directed your way is at -12 to their range (Yes this means flamers can not hit it)

Is the Supernova Black dot powerful? Yes. Maybe only having 2 would be decent, but only one, I think that's too weak. Even with 4 bombs to drop, I doubt it would live long enough to do so.

I think you should use speed and fields to create durability, instead of wounds.

maybe T7, 4+ 3++, 14 wounds, additional -1 to hit (-2 total). maybe give it an ignore wounds save like innured to suffering. Like the venom, the durability comes from the -1 and 5++ and possible 6++, not a big T or wounds. The colossal flier rule helps with this, meaning they can't just meltagun your plane.

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2018, 04:00

wormfromhell wrote:
Faitherun wrote:

I think you should use speed and fields to create durability, instead of wounds.

maybe T7, 4+ 3++, 14 wounds, additional -1 to hit (-2 total). maybe give it an ignore wounds save like innured to suffering. Like the venom, the durability comes from the -1 and 5++ and possible 6++, not a big T or wounds. The colossal flier rule helps with this, meaning they can't just meltagun your plane.

You have an interesting point. I have not really seen that done well before though... and I would hate for three good lascannon shots to kill our expensive LoW. TBH, could make it more like 18 wounds.

As to Innured to Suffering - if it comes as a BH detachment then it can take it.

Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2018, 00:16

Clone Decoys:
at the start of every enemy shooting phase roll 1d3. The Dark Eldar player can declare that many hits on the void raven to be misses that phase as the shots hit holographic decoys rather than the actual void raven.
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2018, 01:08

OOOH!

I like that.... Kinda Tau - esq in feel.

I would think make that a replacement for the supernova black dot then? Make you pick, as negating d3 hits per turn can be pretty powerful when combined with -12 range, -1 (or 2 with the appropriate stratagem) to hit, a 4++, and a possible 6+ FNP. I would think to further clarify this rule as follows:

Quote :
Clone Decoys:
At the start of every enemy shooting phase roll 1d3. The Dark Eldar player can declare that many hits on the void raven to be misses that phase as the shots hit holographic decoys rather than the actual void raven. You must declare these hits after they have successfully hit but before the wound roll

Or would it be better to leave the Supernova Black Dot and replace the -1 to hit with this rule instead?

Also, I am thinking of writing up this datasheet in a bit and submitting it to GW. If they like some of the ideas, we may be able to get a new model / new rule for the Void Raven.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2018, 12:50

That is the old 5th edition clone field rules. Before everything became an invulnerable save.
Back to top Go down
Fl4iedSkul
Hellion
Fl4iedSkul

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2018, 13:01

FuelDrop wrote:
That is the old 5th edition clone field rules. Before everything became an invulnerable save.

Invuln saves are good though, I seem to save more 5+ night shields than I do every other save

Also Edit, it needs Hard to hit because it's a flier, so drop the black dot

Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2018, 22:13

It's a stealth bomber. Maybe give it an extra -2 to hit until it fires for the first time?

Invulnerable saves are good. They're just not very interesting. Everyone and their mother has an invulnerable save. I prefer more esoteric defences for my super-advanced evil space elves. It's why I miss the old Night Shields, because they were something no-one else had access to, and that was really cool.
Back to top Go down
Fl4iedSkul
Hellion
Fl4iedSkul

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2018, 12:56

FuelDrop wrote:
It's a stealth bomber. Maybe give it an extra -2 to hit until it fires for the first time?

Brilliant, maybe even allow it to deploy within 6" of any board edge in the deployment phase. Although combined with that stealth field rule may be a tad bit overpowered.

Then again, this is Drukhari we're talking about here Cool

Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2018, 08:08

Hmmm.

High Altitude Bombing run: Deploy the Void Raven in active reserve. it can deep strike. It can use one void mine per turn while in active reserve, targeting any unit on the board.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2018, 17:25

Don't particularly like that since it lets you strike units with a fairly potent attack while your opponent can't target the unit carrying out the attack at all.

Sybarite
Faitherun

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2018, 21:57

Lord Asvaldir wrote:
Don't particularly like that since it lets you strike units with a fairly potent attack while your opponent can't target the unit carrying out the attack at all.

I would have to agree, it would be an auto use to just keep it 2 turns in reserve and then deploy, getting two 'free' bombing runs.

As it stands, this thing is already kinda powerful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Void Raven as LoW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Void Raven as LoW   Void Raven as LoW I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Void Raven as LoW
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-