THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper

Go down 
+9
Faitherun
Niiai
LordSplata
HERO
Kantalla
dumpeal
N3ver mercy
Cerve
Hellstrom
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper Empty
PostSubject: Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper   Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 16:20

In my opinion, one of the best way for us to kill enemy Characters (generally the buffing kind) is to slip a Razorwing up their backside and kill them off. Can someone do some mathhammer on whether 2 Dark Lances or 2 Dissies are actually the best weapon to do this please?
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper   Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 16:23

Nearly impossible to do, if not around the third turn Smile

But if your opponent leave the room, yes is great!
Back to top Go down
N3ver mercy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper   Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 16:34

Most of the people I play with put there characters with a squad so that they are covered from all angles (normally to aprotect against deep strike shooting)

So don't really think this would work?

If your having trouble with characters and you can't assault them, try out a couple of talos or a tantalus and use the Dark Creed stratagem to target characters

Sent from Topic'it App

Last edited by N3ver mercy on Thu Apr 19 2018, 18:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper   Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 17:04

start with a fly-by attack in the movement phase and finish him with the tantalus sniping. Could also work well with the reaper sniping, if you're feeling lucky with the D6 dark lance shot.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper   Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 20:22

Depends a little bit on the stats of the character, but I would expect disintegrators to win against most character targets.

If the toughness is 4 or less and there is any kind of invulnerable save then there will be three times as many failed saves for a Disintegrator Cannon as a Dark Lance. With 2 damage, most characters will need three fails to a Disintegrator Cannon, and one Dark Lance fail is possible but unlikely to kill a character.

Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper   Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 21:26

That's what my Hemlocks are for. Especially because they have Wings of Khaine and auto-hitting attacks.

Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper   Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 22:04

I have most definitely done this before, and it works quite well against mid level characters like warp boyz, who don't have too many wounds.
The only issues are you are probably going to lose the jet from either shooting or from not being able to move and flying off the table ( orks are good at this last one)

I would go for dissies. As kantalla says, if there is a invulnerable save on the character it is basically a death knell for the dark lance, especially at its point level

Back to top Go down
Niiai
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper   Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 22:13

If you are running 2 flyers I would advice you to have the flyer bases posed in diferent directions. It could make it harder for the opponent to deny your footprint.
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper   Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 22:50

I started doing this on the very first game of 8th with my brand new index...

The key is to position your fighter, not so he is necessarily the closest model, but so that when the rest of you shooting is completed and the fighter is left, he is then. Planning, foresight, and luck. I used a 10 man Hellion squad to shoot two badly injured tac squads (1 man left in one and 2 in the other) and once those were both dead, my plane had a clear line of sight to Vulkan. 2 DL and a missile latter, and the head sally was dead...

Needless to say, I had decent rolls, and it was on turn 2, but this is a very powerful strategy...
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper   Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2018, 08:28

Did it again today against a farseer.
Unloaded two dissies, twin linked splinter and necrotoxin missiles and that was all folks.
Turn 1 and a centre piece was out of the way
Back to top Go down
StayHandsome
Slave
StayHandsome

PostSubject: Re: Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper   Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2018, 09:22

While on the subject of RWJFs, I’m planning to put a trio of double-dissies in my Cult/Kabal list as an alternative to Ravagers, since I’ve just never been a fan of backfield gun platforms. Pretty much every Obsession has merits as a choice for a RWJF detachment. In your experiences, which obsession has worked best? I’m leaning toward Black Heart, but I could pretty much be talked into anything

All three
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper   Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2018, 11:33

I want to field them as cult but the cult obsessions do nothing for the RWJF.

Black heart is nice since it ads survivability
Poisoned tongue rerolls poison, not that usefull usually.
Flayed skull ignores cover, which can very usefull against some armies, nearly useless against others.
Obsidian rose, I actually like a lot as well. All weapons get an extra 6 inch range, which means I can often place the RWJF in a slightly safer spot and have to worry a lot less about targets and crash and burn.
Back to top Go down
Voidhawk
Hellion
Voidhawk

PostSubject: Re: Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper   Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2018, 17:36

If you don't already have a Black Heart detachment, taking one as an Air Wing opens up Agents of Vect.
Back to top Go down
StayHandsome
Slave
StayHandsome

PostSubject: Re: Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper   Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2018, 04:11

Indeed, Poisoned Tongue is the only one I’m not super into. Obsidian Rose is very tempting. Extra survivability from black heart sounds great too, especially because people see flyers and often want to take them out as fast as possible.

Since I’ll be using Reavers and Wyches to tie up/kill infantry, I think I can pass on Flayed Skull. I don’t think I’ll need the ignoring cover, and RWJF don’t have enough rapid fire weapons for re-rolling 1s to matter.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper   Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2018, 06:25

Voidhawk wrote:
If you don't already have a Black Heart detachment, taking one as an Air Wing opens up Agents of Vect.
Not to start this up again, but per RAW and FAQ, just having a Drukhari detachment opens up Agents.

I think if you circle the Razorwings around the outskirts of the battle, you will get more opportunities to shoot at characters than you’d think. Disintegrators are definitely a better choice in that case.

Obsidian rose gives you the range to really reach anywhere on the board, while flayed skull lets you ignore cover (and get re-rolls on your splinter rifles).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper   Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using a Jetfighter as a Character sniper
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: