THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My first game and what I thought

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

My first game and what I thought Empty
PostSubject: My first game and what I thought   My first game and what I thought I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 08:44

So I just had my first game with the new codex (my list is in the army building section) against necrons, and I figured I'd throw in my two cents....

It was only a two turn game...cuz time restraints, being interrupted, my friend needing to smoke, etc...

but here goes!

Transport- I really felt the lack of extra space in my transports for my characters. I had my three characters in a venom stacked snugly in the middle of my army. I would have much rather had my haemonculus with his wracks so when they got blown out of their transport for that toughness aura...but alas...

Splinter Cannons- I really didnt see the point of these at all.. 10 pts for 1-2 extra shots. Venoms are fast enough that they can generally be in range of those twin splinter catapults easily...

Dark Lances in Warrior blobs- I tried taking 2 blasters and a Dark Lance in my 10 man warrior blobs. I really didnt get much use out of them...even though they generally got to fire stationary..rather use the 20 pts to add them to something useful!

Disintigrator cannons- God I took these on almost EVERYTHING...and they worked well, and made up their points

Alliance of Agony- I had fun with this. three patrol detachments, each part of Dark Eldar society represented (except Incubi.. I love them but D1 just makes them worthless-sigh-) But with the new faq giving more points for battalions, and generally limiting your detachments to 3, I dont see it making the table too often.

Everything else really just felt the same as index, just cheaper..though I didnt get to test out the killyness of my wiches or my CC hq's...that woulda been fun-sigh- My opponent called the game after I blew up his croissant, which exploded and finished off his cryptek, ctan shard, and lychguard unit (I almost lost all three of my HQ's to damage rolls of 5,6,and 5...remembered last moment PFP and saved two of them!)
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: My first game and what I thought   My first game and what I thought I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 11:22

How do you guys put 3 hqs in a transport..? Are you so confident in your rolls that they won't disappear after the transport gets blown up..? Because if I was the enemy, that transport would be No1 priority
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: My first game and what I thought   My first game and what I thought I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 11:31

Ablative Lhamaeans.
Back to top Go down
zelatar
Kabalite Warrior
zelatar

PostSubject: Re: My first game and what I thought   My first game and what I thought I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 12:24

Did your wracks get killed off after losing their transport, or did they see further play? What was their loadout?

Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: My first game and what I thought   My first game and what I thought I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 12:52

I gave my wracks a liquifier (which did nothing) and an agonizer.  They ended up charging what was left of his lichguard in hopes to finish them off...no such luck.  They survived the Lichguard attacks, but dropped when he charged in his overlord and warriors

I fully expected him to shoot down my command Venom...Surprised he didnt. I had it pretty well bubblewrapped though, so even if my guys did fall out, they wouldnt get shot at.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: My first game and what I thought   My first game and what I thought I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 13:04

DevilDoll wrote:
How do you guys put 3 hqs in a transport..? Are you so confident in your rolls that they won't disappear after the transport gets blown up..? Because if I was the enemy, that transport would be No1 priority

Yeah, I'm not fond of having all my HQs in one transport like this.

Aside from making it a bigger target, it seems like you're really hampering yourself by limiting what units your HQs can support.

e.g. if you want to send your Coven units down the left flank, your Wych units down the right flank, and have your Kabal sit back in the centre, then you're only going to be able to send the relevant HQ with one of those.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first game and what I thought   My first game and what I thought I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first game and what I thought
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: