THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What do you use as Grotesques?

Go down 
+3
Rhivan
mynamelegend
Toffeehammer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

What do you use as Grotesques? Empty
PostSubject: What do you use as Grotesques?   What do you use as Grotesques? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2018, 13:49

Pretty self-explanatory. Understandably I see a lot of dissatisfaction with the official GW Grotesque model for a variety of reasons. Chief among them being the fact that it's completely mono-pose. So what do you use for your Grotesques? Do you just use the models we've been given or convert your own? A lot of the Covens lists I'm seeing since the new codex came out have quite a lot of them so, as someone who's looking to expand their own Coven detachment in the future, I'm curious how people have been going about this.
Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: What do you use as Grotesques?   What do you use as Grotesques? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2018, 21:23

Like many others, I roll some Crypt Horrors/Vargheists in assorted Talos bitz. Works wonderfully.
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: What do you use as Grotesques?   What do you use as Grotesques? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2018, 23:23

Vargheist core with Talos bits is a fantastic start, I on the big guys added Morghast and Stormcast bits to that.

What do you use as Grotesques? Gheist16
What do you use as Grotesques? All10

Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: What do you use as Grotesques?   What do you use as Grotesques? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2018, 01:10

From the Dark City's Aphotic Gallery:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t332-urien-rakarth-haemonculi-wracks-and-grotesques

What do you use as Grotesques? 316Pv3X
What do you use as Grotesques? O90cfA7

I made mine from Asuryani Wraith Blades/Guard with Drukhari and Slaanesh bits and spikes.

Inspired from Andy Chambers Castigators.
In my brain products of a splinter of the Hex Coven, that also experimented with the Glass Plaque but in combination with spirit stones and wraith bone.

shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: What do you use as Grotesques?   What do you use as Grotesques? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2018, 02:08

I have 8 of the original models but I do like the idea of using Crypt horrors with Talos heads. Their base size would be the only issue I guess.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
zelatar
Kabalite Warrior
zelatar

PostSubject: Re: What do you use as Grotesques?   What do you use as Grotesques? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2018, 03:01

@Marrath I've seen your grots browsing google images for ideas, and I have to say, yours are easily my favorite. Not just the conversion but the color scheme too--it's so striking and well-balanced. Very inspiring work!

@Toffeehammer, I haven't prioritizd building grotesques yet, but my original plan was to kitbash vargheists and Talos bits--but that was before I saw Marrath's work as well as this conversion (not sure of the creator):

What do you use as Grotesques? 28427841_385473198583023_8014876374151987200_n

Now I'm not so sure. The only thing I *am* sure of is that I won't be using the default model. Great look but terrible execution imo.

Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: What do you use as Grotesques?   What do you use as Grotesques? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2018, 12:38

Good lord, those are gorgeous, though when I see the serpentine body my first thought is "Sslyth", not "Grotesque".
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: What do you use as Grotesques?   What do you use as Grotesques? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2018, 18:13

zelatar wrote:
@Marrath I've seen your grots browsing google images for ideas, and I have to say, yours are easily my favorite. Not just the conversion but the color scheme too--it's so striking and well-balanced. Very inspiring work!
Thank you for your praise, @zelatar!
Glad You like my Grotesques Very Happy

CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: What do you use as Grotesques?   What do you use as Grotesques? I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2018, 10:57

I've got pictures of mine if you follow the link in my signature.

Sent from Topic'it App

PostSubject: Re: What do you use as Grotesques?   What do you use as Grotesques? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you use as Grotesques?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: