THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar vs Death Guard

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sejason
Hellion
sejason

Dark Eldar vs Death Guard Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar vs Death Guard   Dark Eldar vs Death Guard I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2018, 15:36

I had a game with a friend lately against his Death Guard, trying one of the lists from HERO.
Sneaky Archon that I am, I didn't tell him I was playing a competitive list ... honestly, I didn't really think the list would be as effective as it was in my rather clumsy hands.

What did I bring?
Archon, Blaster, Warlord, Living Muse
Archon, Blast Pistol, Djin Blade
3x 10 Warriors, 2 Blasters, Splinter Cannon
6 Warriors, 1 Blaster
4x Raider, Disintegrator Cannon
Razorwing Jetfighter, 2 Disintegrator Cannons, Twin Splinter Rifle

What did he bring?
Typhus
Chaos Lord, CombiPlasma, Black Armour (?)
2 Bloat Drones with twin flamers
2x15 Poxwalkers
10 Cultists
Helbrute, Missile Launcher, Twin Lascannon

I started the game, shooting the Dissies at one Drone, approximately halving its Wounds. The Splinter Rifles killed some Poxwalkers.
He moved forward with everything, hiding the decimated Poxwalkers and hugging a silo with the wounded Drone. The Drones advanced and were in range of my Raiders - I'd totally forgotten, they'd be able to shoot me after advancing! The unwounded Drone was in range and nearly killed a Raider (2 Wounds left!).
I retracted the Raider, hid the Warriors behind and drove the rest into Blaster range of the Drones. Well, they exploded swiftly under the Dark Light fusillade that hit them. The Splinter Weapons held onto the Drones also, as I wanted them really dead, so not much more died this turn, apart from the Poxwalkers behind the silo, killed by the Razorwing.
He moved on towards me, exploding the wounded Raider with the Cultists and trying to hurt the Razorwing with the Helbrute, but mostly missed, so I lost just 1 wound on the Flier. His Chaos Lord charged into the Warrior squad and a Raider, killing some warriors.
I concentrated fire from 2 fully staffed Raiders on Typhus and the left Poxwalkers and the disappeared in a cloud of red mist (with small black streaks, y'know Wink). My Archon with the Djin Blade moved to snipe at the Helbrute with his Pistol, which promptly blew up (was hurt by the Disintegrators from the Razorwing) and charged the Chaos Lord with the Black Armour artifact afterwards, which grew into the most funny close combat action I've yet seen: the Archon hit with all his seven attacks, wounded with 5 of them and the Chaos Lord made all his invulnerable saves, which meant 5 Mortal Wounds for the Archon and nothing for the Lord! Needless to say I didn't save any of those wounds with the 6+FNP and so my Archon died during his charge and the Chaos Lord was free to eat up the remaining Kabalites.

We ended the game after this, because the Lord was the last man standing.
I learned that these kind of "focus on firepower" lists are incredibly strong - much stronger than I had hoped them to be, as I'm mostly on the losing end of the games I play. Next time I'll announce what I bring or tone it down a bit with some Cults or Covens, because this shouldn't be played in a friendly environment Smile

Oh and he told me he'd bring his competitive list next time and we'll see who wins out then Smile

Back to top Go down
https://sejason.deviantart.com/
Welshie94
Slave
Welshie94

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Death Guard   Dark Eldar vs Death Guard I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2018, 08:35

how did your Archon take 5 Mortal wounds?
if its from the Djin Blade its on a single dice roll of a 1 you take a single mortal wound, not once for every wound otherwise its a pure suicide list, there is no relic called the Black Armour in the Death guard book, (ive got a massive Death Guard army) the only one remotely similar is the Suppurating Plate which the Dg player rolls a dice at the end of the phase for every successful save he passed so (armour, Invun, Disgustingly resilient) and then on a 4+ you take a mortal wound.
hope this helps out.

sejason
Hellion
sejason

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Death Guard   Dark Eldar vs Death Guard I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2018, 13:52

The Djin Blade didn't get an opportunity to wound the Archon as he was already dead back then Smile
It must have been the Suppurating Plate then and I mixed up the names of the items. And yes, he rolled 5x 4+, that I do remember vividly!

Back to top Go down
https://sejason.deviantart.com/
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Death Guard   Dark Eldar vs Death Guard I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2018, 05:47

Hey Hey, thanks for the write up! A shame about your Archon, I've heard a lot of good things about the Djinn blade. Make sure that your Kabalites bring his body back for Haemonculi Regeneration. Would love for more Battle Reps.

Slave
Welshie94

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Death Guard   Dark Eldar vs Death Guard I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2018, 13:31

sorry if it sounded like I was having a dig I assure you I wasn't haha, yeah that sucks but suppurating plate guy is real nasty, esp on a daemon prince with 2 talons and wings

ASadisticRug
Slave
ASadisticRug

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Death Guard   Dark Eldar vs Death Guard I_icon_minitimeSun May 20 2018, 22:57

wait, you can use FNP against mortal wounds? The wording seems like it should work but I thought mortal wounds ignore any saves of any kind.

Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Death Guard   Dark Eldar vs Death Guard I_icon_minitimeMon May 21 2018, 04:08

FNP works against mortal wounds, as it isn't a save, but a post-save roll to ignore the damage. For the same reason, The Suppurating Plate wont trigger on a Disgustingly Resilient success, as it isn't a saving throw.

Back to top Go down
ASadisticRug
Slave
ASadisticRug

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Death Guard   Dark Eldar vs Death Guard I_icon_minitimeMon May 21 2018, 04:14

My life has been a lie.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Death Guard   Dark Eldar vs Death Guard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar vs Death Guard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: