THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Red Grief Succubus build

Go down 
+4
withershadow
Siticus the Ancient
Soulless Samurai
Faitherun
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

Red Grief Succubus build Empty
PostSubject: Red Grief Succubus build   Red Grief Succubus build I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2018, 19:37

So, was thinking about how the Archon trying to make use of the parasite kiss, and I just couldn't make it work. By the time he starts taking damage, his SF is (typically) gone and regening wounds on a 5+ save just isn't worth it for him...

I started to think how it would be nice to take on a Hamey! Take the WL trait for regen plus this pistol on a 4++ would be rather nice... but alas, he can't take a splinter pistol...

And then my eyes hit it. Succubus may replace her agoniser with a splinter pistol. Take her a Red Grief and she can have a 3++ and the native 6+ FNP... and regen wounds. Hitting on 2's, wounding on 2's (vs non-vehicles) with ap -2 and 2 damage (See the theme here??).... has anyone tried this girl out? How has she performed? I will be trying this out soon I think, but would love to see if anyone else has yet.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Red Grief Succubus build   Red Grief Succubus build I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2018, 20:04

My issue with taking it on the Succubus is that you're then stuck with her crappy Glaive.

Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Red Grief Succubus build   Red Grief Succubus build I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2018, 21:00

Hitting on 3's, re-rolling 1's, at str 5(6 with drugs...) at ap-3 and 1 damage.... it's not amazing but for 50 pts vs infantry... I will take it
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Red Grief Succubus build   Red Grief Succubus build I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2018, 21:00

I'm not feeling it, personally, both for the reason outlined above that the Succubus is then stuck with the regular Glaive, and also the fact that my Succubi are usually advancing all the time and rarely if ever shooting off those pistols. Not really something that works for my playstyle, though I don't have that many games with the new codex under my belt so take this opinion for what it is.

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Red Grief Succubus build   Red Grief Succubus build I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2018, 21:09

Faitherun wrote:
Hitting on 3's, re-rolling 1's, at str 5(6 with drugs...) at ap-3 and 1 damage.... it's not amazing but for 50 pts vs infantry... I will take it

That's the thing though - you've having to use Combat Drugs just to get to the strength that you should have anyway, and it's still only doing 1 damage.

I mean, you're free to try it, but it seems like you're sacrificing the main function of a Succubus (melee) for a fairly niche ability, not to mention losing out on what is probably their best melee artefact.

withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Red Grief Succubus build   Red Grief Succubus build I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2018, 22:10

The WS should counteract the negative depending on where you fall on that argument (only natural 1s fail automatically, amirite? Wink).

The Haemonculus seems like your best bet, and he can indeed take a splinter pistol since that was the default index option.

If you want a Sniper Archon, go with Poisoned Tongue Soul-Seeker or Obsidian Rose Blaster.
Back to top Go down
FattimusMcGee
Hellion
FattimusMcGee

PostSubject: Re: Red Grief Succubus build   Red Grief Succubus build I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2018, 03:16

Soulless Samurai wrote:
My issue with taking it on the Succubus is that you're then stuck with her crappy Glaive.

This.

If Red Grief didn't have one of the better Wych Cult Relics (imho) I'd consider it Razz It's still clever though and could definitely work
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Red Grief Succubus build   Red Grief Succubus build I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2018, 04:11

FattimusMcGee wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

This.

If Red Grief didn't have one of the better Wych Cult Relics (imho) I'd consider it Razz It's still clever though and could definitely work

Yeah, the Blood Glaive is to good to pass up, i spend a CP on it every game.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
DeathByAThousandCuts
Slave
DeathByAThousandCuts

PostSubject: Re: Red Grief Succubus build   Red Grief Succubus build I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2018, 18:54

I ran a red grief succubus with the blood glaive and the double drugs warlord trait last week.

Rolled well and got +1 S and +1 A. Charged her into an IG super heavy (not sure of the name, I think its a Minotaur; it was the double barrel arty one) and triggered the overdose strat she then chipped 8 wounds off of it on her own in a turn!

My opponent then shot everything he could at her during his turn bringing her down to 1 wound (2 from the backlash, 2 from the shooting). I then triggered the overdose again; causing her to chop another 6 wounds off the thing before being killed by the backlash.

So for 50pts (and admittedly 6CP) she almost killed a super heavy on her own. Well worth it just for the hilarity IMO.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Red Grief Succubus build   Red Grief Succubus build I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2018, 22:12

So far I've found that the simple Blood Glaive and Hyper Reflexes Red Grief Succubus does the job for her points. Sometimes she whiffs it and gets smacked around, but otherwise a very reliable build.

Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: Red Grief Succubus build   Red Grief Succubus build I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2018, 22:55

FattimusMcGee wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

This.

The neurocide relic + blood dancer is pretty good too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Grief Succubus build   Red Grief Succubus build I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Grief Succubus build
Page 1 of 1