THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Daemon Summoning?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Daemon Summoning? Empty
PostSubject: Daemon Summoning?   Daemon Summoning? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2018, 14:30

Hello,

I had two games against Death guard today i lost both but mainly because he kept bringing his daemons back.

From what i understand i thought that summoning was considered 'reserves' and you have to leave points space for them in your list, as long as the unit you summing has the daemonic ritual ability.
The guy i was playing against didn't do this he said that once the daemon was dead he could bring it back as long as it wasn't over his original points cost. This didn't seem right to me as he will end up with eventually way more points than me in total but he was adamant so i just got on with it and was going to check afterwards.

Anyone had any experience with this?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Daemon Summoning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daemon Summoning?   Daemon Summoning? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2018, 22:16

Yeah, he was cheating.

AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

Daemon Summoning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daemon Summoning?   Daemon Summoning? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2018, 22:36

it doesnt cost reinforcement points if yiu "refill" a existing unit like scarabs or termagaunts, but as his unit was destroyed, cheating
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Daemon Summoning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daemon Summoning?   Daemon Summoning? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2018, 22:43

That's what I thought, I checked all the rules out and pointed it out.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

Daemon Summoning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daemon Summoning?   Daemon Summoning? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2018, 19:08

Unless you were playing a narrative game. In narrative games I believe that the summoning doesn't count as reserves.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

Daemon Summoning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daemon Summoning?   Daemon Summoning? I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2018, 00:12

There are several stratagems, (Our wrack one included) that allows a player to reinforce a depleted unit, along with re positioning it somewhere. But yeah, as the others were saying, summoning summons an entire new unit, the summons do not fill in the place of dead models in a unit unless specifically saying so.

Daemon Summoning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daemon Summoning?   Daemon Summoning? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daemon Summoning?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: