THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hellion Bomb opinion

Go down 
+5
colinsherlow
Lord Asvaldir
GreyArea
Nogrim
Scumbag
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Scumbag
Slave
Scumbag

Hellion Bomb opinion Empty
PostSubject: Hellion Bomb opinion   Hellion Bomb opinion I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2018, 15:05

So here’s a little tactic I thought of, probably wouldn’t be best in a tournament list but what about fielding 20 Hellions, putting them in the Webway then deepstriking them 9” away from a big enemy target then moving over the unit using the stratagem to roll 20 dice for mortal wounds then after that shoot the enemy then use fire and fade and use the same stratagem again for 40 dice rolls of either 5’s or 6’s doing mortal wounds, what’s everyone’s opinions?
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Bomb opinion   Hellion Bomb opinion I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2018, 15:16

i had thought about it, the chains require you to advance, which prevents you from shooting iirc , so its a one or the other sort of thing. i think you would be better off shooting unless whatever it is has extremely high toughness, or a good invuln

edit: actually they are assault 2 so yeah i guess you can

but fire and fade wouldnt be advancing so you still couldnt use it twice.
Back to top Go down
Scumbag
Slave
Scumbag

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Bomb opinion   Hellion Bomb opinion I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2018, 15:39

Nogrim wrote:
i had thought about it, the chains require you to advance, which prevents you from shooting iirc , so its a one or the other sort of thing. i think you would be better off shooting unless whatever it is has extremely high toughness, or a good invuln

edit: actually they are assault 2 so yeah i guess you can

but fire and fade wouldnt be advancing so you still couldnt use it twice.

Yup just re-read it, well that’s my plan out the window but with red fried you could advance over the unit use the stratagem then shoot and then finally charge which would be a nice combo
Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Bomb opinion   Hellion Bomb opinion I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2018, 16:20

Scumbag wrote:
So here’s a little tactic I thought of, probably wouldn’t be best in a tournament list but what about fielding 20 Hellions, putting them in the Webway then deepstriking them 9” away from a big enemy target then moving over the unit using the stratagem to roll 20 dice for mortal wounds then after that shoot the enemy then use fire and fade and use the same stratagem again for 40 dice rolls of either 5’s or 6’s doing mortal wounds, what’s everyone’s opinions?

Unfortunately you cannot use the same strategem twice in one phase and can't move (including fire and fade) after deepstriking.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Bomb opinion   Hellion Bomb opinion I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2018, 16:28

Problem is with a 20 man red grief hellion unit is that they are going to be incredibly susceptible to moral. If you lose say half the unit, there's a good chance a lot more hellions will go as well. Really need cursed blade for such a big unit since that will let them ignore any moral issues, but then of course you suffer from using evicerating flyby and than not being able to charge.

Far as the webway goes though I don't think that's the best way to bring in hellions, that 9" charge even with rerolls really is not all that reliable. I'd rather have them start on the board in smaller units.

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Bomb opinion   Hellion Bomb opinion I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2018, 16:39

Lord Asvaldir wrote:
Problem is with a 20 man red grief hellion unit is that they are going to be incredibly susceptible to moral. If you lose say half the unit, there's a good chance a lot more hellions will go as well. Really need cursed blade for such a big unit since that will let them ignore any moral issues, but then of course you suffer from using evicerating flyby and than not being able to charge.

Far as the webway goes though I don't think that's the best way to bring in hellions, that 9" charge even with rerolls really is not all that reliable. I'd rather have them start on the board in smaller units.

I agree. I would probably still take hellions as red grief simply because I will likely only have 1 cult detachment. But they are better in the bonus strength and better moral cult for sure.

Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Bomb opinion   Hellion Bomb opinion I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2018, 18:29

This falls apart right at the beginning, because you cannot move/advance after the webway portal, and the charge has a good chance of failure even with a re-roll.

This may work better with the upcoming webway portal fortification, although you are definitely telegraphing where your Hellions are coming from.

The 20-man unit is a big hitter, but really struggles to be delivered in one piece.
Back to top Go down
Scumbag
Slave
Scumbag

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Bomb opinion   Hellion Bomb opinion I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2018, 18:38

Thanks for the input guys upon reading this I see the flaws now haha! I’ll probably drop Hellions all together just to field more reavers and other units that perform better
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Bomb opinion   Hellion Bomb opinion I_icon_minitimeFri May 04 2018, 01:33

II tried 18 Hellions Cursed Grief anyway. Not DS them, no need for them.( It's even better on the table since the beginning, melee and deepstrike doesn't work together until you can charge with 3D6 in my opinion).
They worked fine.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Bomb opinion   Hellion Bomb opinion I_icon_minitimeFri May 04 2018, 07:30

How do you charge with 3d6?
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Bomb opinion   Hellion Bomb opinion I_icon_minitimeFri May 04 2018, 07:49

|Meavar wrote:
How do you charge with 3d6?

He meant that he though melee DS was only viable if you could charge 3d6.

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Bomb opinion   Hellion Bomb opinion I_icon_minitimeFri May 04 2018, 10:39

Yep, this.^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hellion Bomb opinion   Hellion Bomb opinion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hellion Bomb opinion
Page 1 of 1