THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Making Grotesques out of Fenrisian Wolves and Chaos Warhounds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KabaliteSon
Hellion
KabaliteSon

Making Grotesques out of Fenrisian Wolves and Chaos Warhounds Empty
PostSubject: Making Grotesques out of Fenrisian Wolves and Chaos Warhounds   Making Grotesques out of Fenrisian Wolves and Chaos Warhounds I_icon_minitimeFri May 04 2018, 14:12

So this is an idea I've been toying with for a few days. I have a few fenrisian wolves I was using in 5th edition. Khymarae models were so expensive when your taking 10 of them. I'm thinking of doing some heavy converting and turning them into counts as grots. Thinking of buying some Talos kits and using the extra bits to help. They're on the same bases already but shorter obviously, so I'm thinking of putting them on taller bases so it's not modelling for advantage.

I'm thinking lots of spikey/boney bits, some stimm lines in the fur. Big enhanced jaw plates. I may do a test model with weekend with some bits I have already, see if anything looks good.

Think it's too much if a stretch as long as it's done well and doesn't model for advantage? Until new grotesque models come out I can't see myself doing anything but converting
Back to top Go down
http://Sanguinesons@blogspot.com
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Making Grotesques out of Fenrisian Wolves and Chaos Warhounds   Making Grotesques out of Fenrisian Wolves and Chaos Warhounds I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2018, 19:16

I think if done well it won't be an issue in casual play, but you might have to put some work into it and buff them up a bit before it is allowed everywhere.
Mainly because it would be more plausible to consider them khymarae as 4 legged creatures, and I think a Grot has way bigger stats than the wolves (higher str & t, as well as many times the # wounds, double the attacks).
Thus make sure they are Coven enough, make them (slightly) more bulky, and of course tell your opponent.
Back to top Go down
Salem_666
Hellion
Salem_666

PostSubject: Re: Making Grotesques out of Fenrisian Wolves and Chaos Warhounds   Making Grotesques out of Fenrisian Wolves and Chaos Warhounds I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2018, 22:34

Seems like a really cool idea to me. I can imagine an opponent may think it's a bit too far from a grotesque, but if it would cause serious problems to have a four-legged grotesque, I'm not sure I'd want to play someone who would make such a big deal about it honestly. I would just make sure they look far away enough from a normal wolf. Eager to hear and see more if you decide to pursue it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making Grotesques out of Fenrisian Wolves and Chaos Warhounds   Making Grotesques out of Fenrisian Wolves and Chaos Warhounds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making Grotesques out of Fenrisian Wolves and Chaos Warhounds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: