THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Old Dark Eldar

Go down 
+17
Kantalla
LordSplata
Dr.Morbid
Dodo_Night
Braden Campbell
Count Adhemar
Fl4iedSkul
Toffeehammer
AzraeI
Soulless Samurai
Cavash
Burnage
Quauchtemoc
tibersky
Nogrim
TeenageAngst
Ascalaphos
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ascalaphos
Slave
Ascalaphos

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 00:26

Hi, all. I find myself back in the 40K hobby playing Dark Eldar after about 12 years away. When I first started playing the game back in 2000 it was as a Dark Eldar player, but I eventually sold that army and moved on.

Just last year, I began playing 40K again since I had heard so many good things about 8th edition. This time I started collecting Dark Angels, however just today an opportunity came up for my to re-buy my original Dark Eldar army from the guy I sold it to back in the day. I'm very excited about this. They are all 3rd edition sculpts, but there's something about reclaiming a part of my gaming past that feels really great.

Out of curiosity, how many of you here are still using the old sculpts? The new ones look really great, but I have no plans to rotate out my original army. Not to say I won't add things, though...
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 00:27

I use the old Scourges because they look cooler and I use the old Grotesques because they're about a buck a piece on eBay and technically tournament legal.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 00:49

i ended up buying a bunch of old models years ago ~1000pts, recently got around to actually getting in to the game and have gone a little over board approaching ~2500 ish pts now....

i was warned about this hobby, i did not listen Sad
Back to top Go down
tibersky
Hellion
tibersky

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 04:17

Ive got the old kabalites and mandrakes. I've got several old raiders too. I kitbashed my old reavers with new reavers and they look nice. Finally, I've got the original rakarth models. It's narly.
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 05:28

ive got 2 raiders, a ravager, 30 kabalites, 10 wyches, 4 grots, 4 haemonculi + old rakarth AND the old vect ravager. right now im mix/matching it with new stuff but plan on replacing it all with new stuff as soon as i can afford to, at which point ill probably use the old stuff as part of the display board im planning.

Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 09:57

TeenageAngst wrote:
I use the old Scourges because they look cooler and I use the old Grotesques because they're about a buck a piece on eBay and technically tournament legal.

The old grotesque ?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 11:59

Quauchtemoc wrote:
TeenageAngst wrote:

The old grotesque ?

Dark Eldar looked a lot different when they first got released. These were the old Grotesques;

Old Dark Eldar Dark_Eldar_Grotesques

It strikes me that running them now in a tournament is actually pretty advantageous, considering their smaller bases and profile.
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 12:26

Ah ok they were named wracks in france for some reason
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 13:12

I have an old Archon, Dracon, and Incubi. I love the old sculpts. Really want some of the old Raiders and Ravagers though

Old Dark Eldar YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 13:42

Quote :
It strikes me that running them now in a tournament is actually pretty advantageous, considering their smaller bases and profile.

I suspect this sham I'm running won't hold water much longer. It was one thing in 7th when I was the only Dark Eldar player, who would complain about facing DE in a 7th tournament? But now? They might have to be Wracks if I can find a good Grotesque stand-in.

Not that that's a bad thing, I love Wracks and they're currently selling for the price of a used laptop.

Back to top Go down
Ascalaphos
Slave
Ascalaphos

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 14:05

That's a great idea to use old grotesques as wracks. I may try it. I think I have like 80 warriors with a bunch of the metal special weapons, agoniser sybarites, etc. I also have three old raiders, a ravager, a bunch of incubi, reaver jetbikes, a few archons, and a few haemonculi. Looks like around 1500 points.

Has anyone given you problems about doing "counts as" with the old wargear? Like the incubi punisher = klaive, the haemonculus destructor = liquifier gun, etc?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 14:25

TeenageAngst wrote:
I use the old Scourges because they look cooler

If you don't mind me asking, what do you like better about the old Scourges?

TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 15:48

No one gives me any trouble because 90% of players can't tell a Raider from a Ravager let alone what wargear options are.

I like the old Scourges because they look like heavy support. Because originally they were heavy support. Also they actually look like they're wearing 4+ armor.

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 15:53

TeenageAngst wrote:
I like the old Scourges because they look like heavy support. Because originally they were heavy support. Also they actually look like they're wearing 4+ armor.

Whilst I prefer the new models, I can definitely see where you're coming from.

AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 15:54

TeenageAngst wrote:

technically legal is the best kind of legal
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 18:32

I still have that old Kruellagh the Vile model (she ran the Flayed Skull before Vraesque for those who mercifully didn't play Dark Eldar back in 3rd edition) which I use as my writ Archon every now and then despite her looking like a cheesy old comic supervillain. Other than that I like the new models way too much to use the old ones. Could be nice to have one of those Incubi in the trenchcoats that came with the Asdrubael Vect model to use as another Archon though. Come to think of it, I can also see the Incubi with blasters they used to do making good Trueborn too.
Back to top Go down
Fl4iedSkul
Hellion
Fl4iedSkul

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2018, 10:49

I bought a squad of old Kabalites from e-bay and have an Old raider that we convert so that can double as a Ravager, but that's it really :/

I really love the raider model personally and think it's better than the current ones in many ways but I never use the Kabalites as, personally, they're just inferior tongue

Vrasque Malidrach needs an official character in game Mad
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2018, 10:52

The old range of models was actually what put me off collecting DE back in 3e. With a couple of exceptions I think they're hideous! That's why I only started my army in 5e when the new range came out.

Braden Campbell
Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2018, 15:32

My entire army is made of 3rd edition models... about 2500 points worth by yesteryear's tallying.
Back to top Go down
Dodo_Night
Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2018, 20:56

Half my dark eldar are from 3rd edition. I use a mix of new and old including my kitbashed archon from an old metal ravager side gunner (I have him an incubi halberd). tons of old raiders, 2 old ravagers, about 50 odd kabalites, some metal wyches and hellions and a few old reaver jetbikes. oh and two old talos.

Hellion
Dr.Morbid

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2018, 10:26

I use my old Army as well, for I started DE in 2000
So I have
25 old Scourges, 20, Wyhces, 12 grotesques, 2 Ravagers, 6 Raiders, 15 Jetbikes, 11 Inccubi,
The female archon, Lelith, Kruellagh, Drazhar, Urien, the male haemonculus, 50-60 Kabalites as well as 60+ unassembled ones XD, for I almost only used the female torsos, 3 Taloi, 6 mandrakes, 5 Hellions,
and just added new models to fill some holes.
So you could say I play Dark ELdar with some Drukhari elements ;D
And I still like them. Maybe not the mandrakes so much or the grotesques but teh Wyches were cute.
And I am still considering buying old models to keep the army consistent.

Sybarite
LordSplata

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2018, 03:09

I collected DE on and off for during the 13 year codex drought.

I've got about:
40 warriors,
6 raiders,
3 ravagers
3 Talos (which i'm currently trying to find)
8 wyches
1 beast master
4 beasts
Old Lelith (so now I use her as a succubus and the new model as actually lelith)
A sybrite I used to use as an archon as I hated the archon sculpt
5 incubi, one with a blaster
6 reavers
5 haemonculus with liquifiers (old WWP carriers)

My new sculpts generally get priority on the table as the new kabalites and my dark elf raider kabalite mix just look so much cooler, but the old portion of my army is always out in force none the less
Back to top Go down
Dr.Morbid
Hellion
Dr.Morbid

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2018, 11:41

Now that I think about it, I actually have wyhces with shredders, can I field them?
This would be the first time it made any sense. Or Incubbi with blasters/shredders.

Wych
Kantalla

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2018, 12:15

I'm still slowly converting over to new models, and most of my lists seem to have about half new and half old at this stage.

One day everything will be in a coherent colour scheme and using the same model range. Maybe.

Back to top Go down
tuC0M
Slave
tuC0M

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2018, 01:48

I have a set of ten 3rd edition kabalites that I'm going to use as Trueborn, codex be damned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Dark Eldar   Old Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next