THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Banshees

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hexxenwyrd
Hellion
hexxenwyrd

Banshees Empty
PostSubject: Banshees   Banshees I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 00:44

As a long time aspect cw eldar player, the first thing I thought I would cut from a combined list was the howling banshees. DE already have fast melee infantry, what could the banshees add to that.
But I'm having second thoughts, for a couple of reasons. First and biggest is the banshees mask. Denying overwatch that could weaken your wych cult units before they get into melee.
Second, wyches with shardnets solve the banshees biggest weakness, things falling back and exposing them.
I'd probably take them in supreme command with farseers or warlocks for psychic support. And maybe biker autarch for more banshee masks and joisting planes.
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

Banshees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshees   Banshees I_icon_minitimeThu May 24 2018, 22:58

Sounds like a good idea to me. Wyches hold but don't kill enough while the banshees are the opposite.
Back to top Go down
phdx
Slave
phdx

Banshees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshees   Banshees I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2018, 18:28

While you're thinking along these lines, the other choice is to consider is souping in Harlequins to use the Silent Knife stratagem or a Haemonculus with the Vexator Mask.

The other CWE units are irreplaceable though - Doom/Jinx is MVP in all my lists, so I'll have to pick up some banshees to try out in my usual battalion detachment (typically rangers + Farseer/Warlock pair).
Back to top Go down
hexxenwyrd
Hellion
hexxenwyrd

Banshees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshees   Banshees I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2018, 20:39

Haemonculus isn't going to do the same job. You want them behind a unit for protection, and they aren't fast enough to get that charge off reliably before wyches.

Banshees are fast enough they can get a turn one charge agaist the front line for 1 cp. Or charge anything not wrapped the second turn if in the webway. Theyre also better able to engage multiple units.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Banshees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshees   Banshees I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banshees
Page 1 of 1