THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kill Team: Rogue Trader

Go down 
+4
Lord Asvaldir
Silverglade
AzraeI
Burnage
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

Kill Team: Rogue Trader Empty
PostSubject: Kill Team: Rogue Trader   Kill Team: Rogue Trader I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2018, 21:55

So these images have leaked of the supposed Kill Team box set;

Kill Team: Rogue Trader Bp24YUq
Kill Team: Rogue Trader 1qao7Vn

and this video just got released;

Now, I'll be damned if those larger Nurgle monsters don't look like conversion fodder for Grotesques...
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Kill Team: Rogue Trader   Kill Team: Rogue Trader I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2018, 22:41

I just dont like my grotesques to have this huge beer belly
and the imperial guy looks a bit silly but hey new models and no space marines
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Kill Team: Rogue Trader   Kill Team: Rogue Trader I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2018, 02:15

I'm with Azrael. I think they would make lousy grotesques compared to current things like the crypt ghouls that most people seem to use.

Overall I'm fairly unimpressed. None of the models look any good.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Kill Team: Rogue Trader   Kill Team: Rogue Trader I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2018, 03:31

Too chaos looking mutated for grots I think, it might work but probably not the best model.

I'm surprised they are showing this off now when the video says a late 2018 release.

Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Kill Team: Rogue Trader   Kill Team: Rogue Trader I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2018, 04:11

I'm a big fan of the doggo

Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Kill Team: Rogue Trader   Kill Team: Rogue Trader I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2018, 04:47

Fat grotesques doesn’t seem like something Drukhari would do. That speaks of indulgence, and grotesques are afforded none.

I like the medic and the two females (one veth reminiscent of Greyfax), but the rest I could do without.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Kill Team: Rogue Trader   Kill Team: Rogue Trader I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2018, 22:45

i think the price for the nurgle models will drop significantly on ebay et al. , nearly every imperium player will collect some of the rogue trader models, but the nurgle ones will be sold instantly
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Kill Team: Rogue Trader   Kill Team: Rogue Trader I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2018, 22:45

edit: double post
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

PostSubject: Re: Kill Team: Rogue Trader   Kill Team: Rogue Trader I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2018, 23:43

I don't like the models either. The Nurgle ones look silly and the humans just look kind of "meh". Honestly, I feel like a huge spoilsport here but I'm not a fan of a lot of GW's models lately. Everything just seems so cartoony all of a sudden and, while I love me some cartoons, I'm not sure it fits the setting all that well. Either that or the models are so over-designed and busy with details where there didn't need to be any they're almost ridiculous. Archaon is a perfect example of this. He used to be a cool, imposing, brutal-looking dude on a horse and now he's an anime villain with a sword bigger than himself riding on...some-goddamn-thing or other. The new Typhus model is another example. Gotta add little nurglings crawling all over him and a massive cloud of insects spewing out of his back and a big ol' He-Man pose or people might not know he's in charge, right?

That Nurgle thing up there with all the dumb mouths in its stomach and extra heads on its arm makes me feel the same way and it sorta worries me about future releases. The sisters being the ones I'm most concerned for. It's gotten to the point where I'm actually thankful the Drukhari never get any new models because if the current trend continues I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be a fan.
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kill Team: Rogue Trader   Kill Team: Rogue Trader I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2018, 00:31

I'm a fan of the Rogue trader stuff but thats because the Empire's love of feathers and overflamboyance has rubbed off on me. The nurgle stuff isn't my cup of tea.

AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Kill Team: Rogue Trader   Kill Team: Rogue Trader I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2018, 00:55

Toffeehammer wrote:
It's gotten to the point where I'm actually thankful the Drukhari never get any new models because if the current trend continues I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be a fan.

the new succubus is almost one of this models, look at her legs and face and compare it to other wyches and the old succubus, a new model where none was needed imo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kill Team: Rogue Trader   Kill Team: Rogue Trader I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kill Team: Rogue Trader
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: