THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven

Go down 
+3
Chippen
withershadow
Xm0shcryptX
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven Empty
PostSubject: 2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven   2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2018, 00:04

Looking to use this in a coming tournament, been having good success but some other tournament level players tell me that I should drop the coven in order to max shooting. Advice and comments are very much so welcomed.
-mosh

Alliance of agony -1

Battalion- flayed skull +5 CP
Hq’s
Archon, djinn blade, blaster, PGL, Warlord, trait: Hatred eternal , 96
Archon husk blade, blaster, PGL 96

Troops
5 warriors blaster 47
5 warriors blaster 47
5 warriors blaster 47
5 warriors blaster 47
5 warriors blaster 47

Dedicated transports
Venom 2 SC 75
Venom 2 SC 75
Venom 2 SC 75
Venom 2 SC 75
Raider lance shock prow 86

Heavy support
Ravager 3 disintegrators 125

Airwing detachment- black heart +1 CP

Razorwing with lances 145
Razorwing with lances 145
Razorwing with disintegrators 135

Spearhead- prophets of flesh +1 CP
HQ
Urien 90 (add diabolical soothsayer at start of game with alliance of agony)

Heavy
Talos 2 macro scalpels haywire 99

2000/2000
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: 2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven   2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2018, 00:26

The coven component is not very strong, individual Talos units fall short a bit without Stratagem boosts, but that kind of resource investment calls for a unit of at least 2 or 3. So you could swap the two dark lance ravagers for reapers, and put them in the Coven detachment, so you can run the Talos in one unit. The reapers would be +1T too, so that’s pretty nice.

Alternatively, do as your friends say and drop the coven detachment for something like a Red Grief outrider to shut down enemy shooting with first-turn charges.
Back to top Go down
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior
Chippen

PostSubject: Re: 2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven   2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2018, 13:45

I'd consider swapping out the Talos units for Grots instead. Gives you more bodies, bigger footprint, and better output.

shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: 2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven   2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2018, 19:16

Your list is good.  Go Black Heart take the Labyrinthine warlord trait and the Black Heart reroll 1s to wound relic.  Every time when turn 3 comes around the Black heart gain fearless and that has won me the game several times as they sit on objectives and the vehicles gain inured to suffering.

Keep the Coven units and give the Haemonculus 4+++ inured to suffering relic.  Keep the Talos and remove the flyers then add grotesque units.  I have been winning a couple tournaments that have 1-18 players and I take a very similar list and in the last 3 tourneys I havent come close to losing a game yet.  My point being those Coven units are amazing and there is no reason to take them out.

EDIT: And don't forget to use the Alliance of Agony stratagem to gain D3 more CP from the prophets of flesh warlord trait.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: 2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven   2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2018, 07:00

I disagree about needing to run this list as Black Heart. That many venoms gain a fair amount of mileage out of the flayed skull trait, that's a lot of shots with rerolling to hit rolls of 1 and ignoring cover. Plus with 5 man units you're not really going to need to worry about being fearless turn 3, 5 man units aren't affected by moral a whole lot. Also not sure he needs labyrinthine cunning with 9-10ish cp on average.

Unfortunately Urien Rakarth can't take any relics, plus it's worth keeping Urien considering he buffs the strength of the talos. Also as far as the talos units go, I see a lot of benefit to keeping them seperate any making them one unit. 3 units of 1 is more flexible, can hit more targets and gets you that cp from spearhead. A single unit of 3 on the other hand gets a lot more mileage out of stratagems, especially the reroll wounds one for covens. I wouldn't spend 2 cp to let a single talos reroll wounds, but 3 that seems like a reasonable investment. I don't have enough coven units yet though so my experience with them is limited.

Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: 2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven   2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2018, 18:44

Urien is very good and character targeting is still a thing whether it is from snipers, spells that target characters, or units that can fly into combat with him aka Celestine. Many Eldar lists spam rangers because they are cheap and effective while chaos lists spam spells. That is why, from my experience, that I recommend a Haemonculus with 4+++ inured to suffering relic over Urien. If the opponent does not take character assassination units then there are other useful relics to take. I recommend keeping the Talos units in 2-3 man.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Frowny
Hellion
Frowny

PostSubject: Re: 2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven   2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2018, 18:23

It seems counterproductive to recommend swapping urien for a heami just to give him the 4++ relic considering Urien has the 4++ without it with his clone field. Also the damage reducing thing makes him much much sturdier. If you want to recommend upping your damage with the swap I could get on board but not for sturdiness.
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

PostSubject: Re: 2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven   2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2018, 19:07

I was under the impression people only ever took the regular Haemy over Urien because of the Vexator Mask rather than the Nightmare Doll. Once your Talos get into melee you'll definitely be glad to have it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven   2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000, TAC competitive Kabal+Coven
Page 1 of 1