THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites

Go down 
+5
withershadow
Lord Asvaldir
Fl4iedSkul
RedRegicide
Soulless Samurai
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites   Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2018, 14:11

Does anyone use a Blast Pistol on their Archon or in a Kabalite squad?

If so, how do you find it?

If you use it in Kabalites, do you use it in addition to a Blaster or instead of one?

In terms of using it on an Archon, do you think it's a better pick than a regular Blaster?

RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites   Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2018, 16:19

I tried using it on wych squads once in place of anti tank, it’s okay. I think I prefer it on hq units who will almost always hit and will survive to make the most of the upgrade

The exception being a hekatrix, who with enough bodies, can make it worth it

Hellion
Fl4iedSkul

PostSubject: Re: Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites   Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2018, 17:11

I don't take it on my kabailites because I can never be bothered to model a specific sybarite model, but it's a must on CQC Archons and Succubi who don't take the Triptych Whip (Mine, basically)

Vrasque Malidrach needs an official character in game Mad
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites   Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2018, 17:12

I think it's a wasted upgrade on sybarites, since you don't really ever want a kabalite warrior unit within 6" of an enemy unit. Sure sometimes it could come in handy, but with the price tag and the short range I just don't see it being useful enough of the time.

For archons though, I often take a blast pistol, especially on my beatstick archon who's going to end up in melee. It's pretty sweet to be in a protracted combat and have my archon shoot off his blast pistol at a character he's fighting, often that's been how he's finished off opposing characters.

I don't put blast pistols on my hekatrix, but I could definetly see the use for them. Often my wyches are going after just standard infantry and the blast pistol isn't all that handy, but I've also had times where they've gone in to charge up multi-wound models so the blast pistol would be handy then. Definitely not a bad choice for a hekatrix, but I think I'd prefer to keep them cheap just with an agonizer.

Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites   Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2018, 23:16

Gotta echo all of the above.

Never on Sybarites, because it's too short-ranged compared to their other weapons and it's quite expensive. Never on Hekatrix, because they shouldn't be going after stuff that needs blast pistols; they get power sword or

I am building my Red Grief succubus with the blood glaive and a blast pistol, because with Grave Lotus she is actually respectable at hunting vehicles.

On Archons, I am torn. If you are pushing your Archon into melee, he's probably a Djin blade/Warlord beatstick, and I can't think of many things that would survive your charge, and then another round of combat against this blender. 7 extra points for a blaster seems to be almost always better.
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

PostSubject: Re: Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites   Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2018, 23:17

The only times I ever take them are when I'm fielding a Djin Blade Archon because goddamn that makes for one dangerous model in the fight phase. The only time I've gotten to use the Soul-Trap stratagem was when my Archon took her Sslyth bros and charged a Primaris Captain's command group. Vaporized him with the first shot right as his player was talking about "smiting the filthy xenos". Good times.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites   Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2018, 23:20

Toffeehammer wrote:
The only times I ever take them are when I'm fielding a Djin Blade Archon because goddamn that makes for one dangerous model in the fight phase. The only time I've gotten to use the Soul-Trap stratagem was when my Archon took her Sslyth bros and charged a Primaris Captain's command group. Vaporized him with the first shot right as his player was talking about "smiting the filthy xenos". Good times.
I am confused, you shot him with the pistol before you charged? The way you wrote it sounds like you charged and then shot him in melee.
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

PostSubject: Re: Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites   Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2018, 23:27

withershadow wrote:
Toffeehammer wrote:
I am confused, you shot him with the pistol before you charged? The way you wrote it sounds like you charged and then shot him in melee.

My Archon charged his Captain and they traded blows (turns out Sslyth are pretty good as a backup Shadowfields in this regard) until my next shooting phase came around and she blew him away with her Blast Pistol. I just meant it was the first time I'd gotten to fire it off that game.
Back to top Go down
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites   Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites I_icon_minitimeSat May 19 2018, 09:06

Kabalites I'd say no... I tend to keep them 18 inches away from enemies...until I know I can either down the unit, or make it useless with rapid fire range....

Archon? Im really not sure.... My last tourney I was in I would say there were times I would have used both a blaster and a blast pistol. the extra range from the blaster was very useful against IG, shooting tanks before charging into infantry squads..... But against daemons, when my archons got stuck in CC with a vortex beast, the blast pistol would have probably helped me do a lot of damage. soooo....up to you?
Back to top Go down
Dodo_Night
Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

PostSubject: Re: Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites   Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09 2018, 19:02

I always give my archons and succubus's blast pistols and even give a hekatrix one. Her wych squad ride in a venom and it's funny just seeing them get out, move 11 (3+Cool then snipe a character. totally dark eldar style. Killed a primaris apothecary doing just that.

Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites   Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10 2018, 00:06

Never, to no one.
BlastPistol is good on melee only if your opponent iwill not disengage from you. Otherwise it becomes useless. I never find myself at 6" range from a good target and, when it happens, it do like once any ten games.
Litterally, they are 20-30 points if you're going to buy them to your characters, but I can fine better ways to spend those points. It doesn't really fit me. I tried them more than once, but I find that those have a niche utility. Not something reliable at all.

The only way that I can consider them is if my list really needs more antitank. Maybe a fully wychcult army, or something lije that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites   Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blast Pistol on Archon/Kabalites
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: