THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pure Wych Cult Army 1500 points

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xeno1974
Slave
Xeno1974

Pure Wych Cult Army 1500 points Empty
PostSubject: Pure Wych Cult Army 1500 points   Pure Wych Cult Army 1500 points I_icon_minitimeWed May 23 2018, 19:26

Hi guys.

I'm gonna try to build a pure Wych Cult army. Would you mind giving me some advice, please? Right now i only have a Succubus, 10 Wyches, a Raider and 6 Reavers. I've been running them alongside my Saim-Hann Aeldari, but now i feel ready to expand them into a standalone force. This is what i have in mind:

A single Battalion detachment - Wych Cult of Strife

Succubus (Warlord), Blood Dancer, Triptych Whip, archite glaive, Painbringer

Succubus, agoniser, archite glaive, Hypex

9 Wyches, blast pistol, phantasm grenade launcher, agoniser, hydra gauntlets, Grave Lotus

9 Wyches, blast pistol, phantasm grenade launcher, agoniser, hydra gauntlets, Grave Lotus

5 Wyches, blast pistol, phantasm grenade launcher, agoniser, hydra gauntlets, Serpentin

Raider, dark lance, chain snares, shock prow

Raider, dark lance, chain snares, shock prow

Venom, 2 splinter cannons, chain snares

6 Reavers, agoniser, 2 grav-talons, 2 blasters, Adrenalight

6 Reavers, agoniser, 2 grav-talons, 2 blasters, Adrenalight

Razorwing Jetfighter, dark lances, splinter cannon

Razorwing Jetfighter, dark lances, splinter cannon

Beastmaster, Splintermind

Beastmaster, Splintermind

3 Clawed Fiends

3 Clawed Fiends

I know it might be more effective to combine Wych, Kabal and Coven detachments, but this is not meant to be a tournament winning army. It is meant to be a fun fluffy list, actually able to kill things in combat, not just tying them up.
Any help is appreciated!

Grtz
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Pure Wych Cult Army 1500 points   Pure Wych Cult Army 1500 points I_icon_minitimeThu May 24 2018, 11:54

My experience with an cult army is you want at least 2 detachments. I like having grief for some first turn charges, and one of the others for the wyches.
I see you do not have any scourges or mandrakes is this intentional or would you be open to them?
My own cult army is build quite different, so some advise might not apply.

First, I would not field more than 1 beastmaster, I usually find the seond ads nothing.
I like having a clawed fiend as a single unit.

Your army is a lot less fragile than my wych cult (you have no hellions and can keep your wyches in transports the first turn), so it might matter less, but I really like some throw away units to put in the enemies face the first turn. Units of 3 cheap nonblaster reavers from grief do this very well.

When you have s4 wyches (grave lotus) you might wish to take a power sword which is usually better than the agoniser except if you regularly face t5+ targets (it is better against t3 since you hit with s4 instead of effective str 3, and it is better against t4 since it has better ap)

Also I don't have the book on me right now, but unless I am mistaken the succubus let's all cult units reroll 1s to hit, so the chain snares on your vehicles might be largely wasted?
Back to top Go down
Xeno1974
Slave
Xeno1974

PostSubject: Re: Pure Wych Cult Army 1500 points   Pure Wych Cult Army 1500 points I_icon_minitimeThu May 24 2018, 17:30

Reavers are better in grief, you are right. If i stick them in a separate (outrider, i guess?) detachment, i'll need to include an extra succubus too, which will only be able to buff the jetbikes and any other unit i put there (because of her keywords, and i'm assuming the wyches would go in a cursed blade battalion detachment). Could keep her in deepstrike to appear next to the reavers when they make that first turn charges to re-roll those ones.
I do like to keep blasters on them, though. One of the reasons i like them so much is their versatility. But grief reavers would not be firing their splinter rifles, and their blasters at -1 after advancing, so there's that to consider.
For fluff reasons i tried to exclude non-wych cult units, but i'm open to mercenaries.
The second beastmaster is there for redundancy. What if i take one big unit of fiends, my opponent blows him away with snipers (he's pretty fragile), and then starts onloading on my fiends, who all of the sudden drop to Ld4? My next thought was, if i take a second beastmaster, might as well split the unit for some extra flexibility. But i may be wrong there.
The power sword is indeed probably better against most of the targets the wyches would usually engage. Again, i had versatility in mind.
You're totally right about the chain snares. Probably unnecessary with so many succubi around. I had some leftover points to spend.

Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
Varish Zephar
Slave
Varish Zephar

PostSubject: Re: Pure Wych Cult Army 1500 points   Pure Wych Cult Army 1500 points I_icon_minitimeFri May 25 2018, 11:54

You could run the extra succubus in the out rider as your warlord, red grief succubus can take a 3+ invuln and the relic glaive with no penalty to hit, +3s, - 3, dmg d3. Give her plus one str and she's str 7. Imo shard net and impaler is more useful than hyrda gauntlets. Perhaps you should invest in some blaster /haywire scourge also. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pure Wych Cult Army 1500 points   Pure Wych Cult Army 1500 points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pure Wych Cult Army 1500 points
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: