THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue Empty
PostSubject: Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue   Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2018, 14:06

The current Beta rules for Tactical Resveres (grumble) say:

Quote :
"Furthermore, in matched play games, any unit that arrives on the battle eld during a player’s first turn must be deployed wholly within the controlling player’s deployment zone (even if its ability would normally let it be set up anywhere). This does not apply to a Genestealer Cults unit that is being set up according to the Cult Ambush ability, or to units that are set up after the first battle round has begun, but before the first turn begins (such as those set up via the Forward Operatives or Strike From the Shadows Stratagems)."

And the Poisoned Tongue have a Strategem - Insidious Misdirection - which says:
Quote :
"Use this Stratagem at the start of the first battle round, but before the first turn has begun. Pick up to 3 KABAL OF THE POISONED TONGUE units from your army that are on the battlefield; immediately remove these units from the battle eld and then set them up again as described in the Deployment section of your mission (if you redeploy a TRANSPORT, all units embarked inside it remain so when it is set up again). You can only use this Stratagem once per battle."

So.

As I see it, I can deploy a unit during normal deployment.
THEN at the start of the first battle round, but before the first turn begins, use Insidious Misdirection to redeploy, but redeploy them into Tactical Reserves. Even go as far as to also use the Webway Portal or Screaming Jets.
This would allow them to drop in the first turn anywhere on the board (as long as they're 9" away from the enemy) and get around the Beta rule. Because they're being set up at the beginning of the first battle round but before the first turn begins.

Thoughts?

Counter arguments?

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue   Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2018, 14:27

You could use the Webway Portal or Screaming Jets but they still wouldn't be able to arrive outside of your deployment zone in the first turn. You're using the Insidious Misdirection stratagem at the start of the first battle round, but before the first turn has begun but the effects take place at the end of your movement phase, which, if in the first turn, gets collared by the Tactical Reserves beta rule.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue   Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2018, 14:59

Do the effects take place at the ened of the movement phase?

The effect is that you can redeploy. If you then use Webway for example to redeploy into Tactical Reserves.
But they are still deployed into Tactical Reserves at the start of the first battle round, which is when they are immune to the limitations.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue   Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2018, 16:12

You could redeploy into tactical reserves at the start of the first battle round but if you then deploy on the table in the first turn the new beta rules would mean that you are still forced to deploy in your own DZ. It's still useful, in that you can place your units on the table, your opponent can deploy to counter them and then you simply remove them from the table and put them into tactical reserve, leaving your opponent out of position. But it doesn't allow you to sidestep the beta rules.

Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue   Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07 2018, 04:02

I guess I can kind of see where this is working... But I wouldn't use it that way and I probably wouldn't play someone a second time if they did it.
Back to top Go down
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue   Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08 2018, 09:19

Even though i don't see anything that points at this ignoring the beta rules.
I already think you cannot put the units in reserve with Webway Portal or Screaming Jets. The first two can only be used in deployment, the last one can only be used at the start of first turn, so after deployment and can only target units, that are on the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue   Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tactical Reserves Beta and Poisoned Tongue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: