THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mukslinger
Hellion

conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince? Empty
PostSubject: conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince?   conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 14:53

So, I'm sitting at work, thinking about a wrack/grot raider, the aberration, and wracks

For the raider, I've seen a some really cool conversions already. I dont think any of them use the sails, just a pile of bones and bodies in the middle, which is cool. The ones I've seen typically use a wrack as the pilot, but here is my thought, what about the talos torso? what do you think about the talos as a pilot, like he is built into the raider? Now that I'm brainstorming, a ravager, with a talos pilot who has the sponson guns on his arms, but then you'd be getting into themed army territory.

For grotesques, I'll be converting rat ogres with talos bits, we've all seen that done. I'll add some bloodletter arms here and there for that little extra gimpy-arm look, maybe some tyranid bits too. But what about the aberration? My first thought went to the daemon prince, he might be too large, you'd definetly be able to identify him in the squad easier. He can still fit on the 40mm base, but the larger base should be fine for him, he's supposed to be nastier and I kind of like the idea that the aberration is a little larger than standard grots.

One of the thing's I'm sort of struggling with is a good conversion for scissorhands and a source for some melee weapons for them. Hooks, clubs, cleavers, whatever. I thought about maybe ungor weapons or ogre weapons.

For the wracks, I'm thinking of a mix of daemonette and wych kits.

What do you guys think? got any ideas?

I'm going to dry fit a talos upper to a raider tonight to see what it looks like. If someone has done this already, a link to a picture would be sweet, I'd like to see it.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince? Empty
PostSubject: Re: conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince?   conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 15:08

mukslinger wrote:
One of the thing's I'm sort of struggling with is a good conversion for scissorhands

One of the things I have planned for scissorhands is the old necron flayed ones hands. They look like a hand with 3 very sharp fingers. Hopes that helps a bit
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince?   conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 15:19

Talos? Hmm...

conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince? Space-jockey-

Don't know if that would help You but if You can turn Talos body by 90o, then You could make something like this...
Back to top Go down
mukslinger
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince?   conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 16:39

@Cirrian
flayed ones hands would be great for standard-size models, I'm thinking bigger for the aberration, he's going to be pretty big in comparison.

@LO
the aliens pilot thing, epic.

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince?   conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 16:59

Try using Necron Wraith hands then.

Or scratchbuild
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/255706.page
Back to top Go down
mukslinger
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince?   conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 19:56

well, I stumbled across this today while snooping around for conversion ideas on dakka. This would be pretty much what a daemon prince aberration could look like.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/330/395043.page
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince?   conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 10:58

Quote :
what do you think about the talos as a pilot, like he is built into the raider

Talos is a very rare and expensive thing , pinnacle of Haemy art.
While Raider is a common tranport.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince?   conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 15:00

mukslinger wrote:
So, I'm sitting at work, thinking about a wrack/grot raider, the aberration, and wracks

For the raider, I've seen a some really cool conversions already. I dont think any of them use the sails, just a pile of bones and bodies in the middle, which is cool. The ones I've seen typically use a wrack as the pilot, but here is my thought, what about the talos torso? what do you think about the talos as a pilot, like he is built into the raider? Now that I'm brainstorming, a ravager, with a talos pilot who has the sponson guns on his arms, but then you'd be getting into themed army territory.

I've been trying to figure out a way to do the same thing for a Ravager conversion after seeing the one that Deneris did:
https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t1239p40-the-sanguinaria-varia-of-naria-rakarth-haemonculi-coven-army
Looks like this:conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince? 001-17

He built that for the Secret Archon Clause thing on the site. If I remember correctly a VERY lucky Dez got that under his tree!

I did a much smaller scale conversion for my Wrack Raider:
https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t1708-raider-coven-wrack-conversion-tutorial-very-pic-heavy#17976

Hope that helps!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
mukslinger
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince?   conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 15:14

that does help, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince?   conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

conversion ideas, a wrack raider and abberation, with talos and daemon prince?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: