THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How should i and what colours ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darktemplar
Hellion
Darktemplar

How should i and what colours ? Empty
PostSubject: How should i and what colours ?   How should i and what colours ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2018, 10:56

Hello dark ones.

I want to paint wyches in the games workshop "standard" scheme, EXCEPT i want to
do it in dark purple.

I need help how to make it look balanced in colours and representable as dark eldars

Games workshop use incubi darkness as base and i believe they tone it down with a black wash.

My plan is to use naggaroth night or similar dark purple and also do a black wash over it.

Should i base all armor and cloth in naggaroth + wash or just the armor plates?

I ask for inspiration for:

Hair
Sashes/Small cloth parts
Bases/Enviroment
Drug Colour.

I find it hard to harmonize dark purple with other colours. I feel it quicly starts looking stupid. Should i maybe just use GW' theme for wyches and just change the green colours with purple.

Thanks in advance i know its a lot of questions and i am kinda new to painting.

How should i and what colours ? 99120111
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: How should i and what colours ?   How should i and what colours ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2018, 15:23

I would take the GW example and reverse it.  Use the incubi darkness and wash it black with some highlights on the cloth pieces and then use the dark purple on the armor.  The bronze pieces would look pretty decent as silver on the armor in my opinion.  For the hair you could probably keep it the same, but I think I would go for a light blue.

After I posted this, did a little bit of a Google search and came across this:

http://mordian7th.blogspot.com/2016/07/40k-dark-eldar-quite-bit-of-progress.html

Looks pretty decent to me maybe some inspiration for your sqaud.
Back to top Go down
Darktemplar
Hellion
Darktemplar

PostSubject: Re: How should i and what colours ?   How should i and what colours ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2018, 15:36

Thanks for the answer. Interesting idea with still using incubi and HL in purple... Going to try this.

Thanks for the picture. They are cool, but to purple for what im going for tho Wink

Cheers
Back to top Go down
bramreth
Slave
bramreth

PostSubject: Re: How should i and what colours ?   How should i and what colours ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2018, 15:43

I've been very fond very bright blues with dark purple, stuff bordering on being mostly baharoth blue looks really nice in my mind.
I only have old wyches for comparison but as a shoddy example:
How should i and what colours ? 20180610

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Darktemplar
Hellion
Darktemplar

PostSubject: Re: How should i and what colours ?   How should i and what colours ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2018, 16:50

Okay this is what im building up.. im gonna do brighter highlights gradually on the armor plates.

Im not sure how i should do all the rest, like chest and legs.. maybe leave it black with minor highlights.

Also. Still not sure about cloth parts and drug tubes etc

How should i and what colours ? 35082710

I need to find colours that harmonize with this scheme
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How should i and what colours ?   How should i and what colours ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How should i and what colours ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: