THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay?

Go down 
5 posters

Special weapons on Solarites, yea or Nay?
Yea
Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay? Voteba1320%Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay? Voteba15
 20% [ 2 ]
Nay
Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay? Voteba1380%Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay? Voteba15
 80% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay?   Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2018, 00:50

I'm getting the feeling that, if my Scourges get into Blast pistol range or close combat, i've made a mistake.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay?   Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2018, 01:58

Unless you're running your Scourges completely barebones, I think the Solarite is best used as an ablative wound before you have to start taking the big guns off the board.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay?   Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2018, 04:31

Negatory, red leader. Solarite is the first to bite the bullet.

A perhaps more interesting question is whether it’s worthwhile to add a few more ablative wounds. I’m enjoying my dark lance scourges in cover with strike from the shadows for a 2+/6++ save, and I have on several occasions weathered a significant amount of firepower to lose only a couple casualties. It shouldn’t be hard to shave points for an extra dude or two, but my lists always seem to max out on points with little room to play. I often don’t even have points to spare for shock prows or trophies.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay?   Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2018, 13:13

Burnage wrote:
Unless you're running your Scourges completely barebones, I think the Solarite is best used as an ablative wound before you have to start taking the big guns off the board.

withershadow wrote:
Negatory, red leader. Solarite is the first to bite the bullet.

This.

I mean, I guess you could give one the Lance if you have spare points, but even then I think we have better stuff to spend leftover points on.

And Blast Pistols are hard enough to justify on melee HQs with BS2+, let alone on a long-range shooting unit.

amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay?   Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2018, 13:21

I'm partial to Power lance or venomblade on shredder scourges otherwise I mostly concur with the above.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay?   Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Special weapons on Solarites,Yea or Nay?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: