THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A new aspiring Archon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

A new aspiring Archon Empty
PostSubject: A new aspiring Archon   A new aspiring Archon I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 17:48

Hello everyone,

I recently discovered this forum while skimming through the 40k section of one of the fantasy boards I usually visit, so you could say I found the way to the Dark City by accident.

Anyway, I'm glad I stumbled across this side as it is by far the most active forum when it comes to Dark Eldar discussion I've seen on the webs for now and thus I couldn't go past without registering as I've only a couple months ago started to get into 40k with my first army, the True Kin.

As for my other gaming experience, I've been playing Wood Elves and Vampire Counts in WHFB since 6th edition, so I consider myself more or less a veteran, although I've always been more into the painting and modelling side of the hobby. Even more so since 8th edition hit the shelves. I just won't get around to liking it even though I figured out how to use my armies more or less effectively under the new rules-set, especially since it crippled both of my favourite armies (of which one was admittedly VERY strong in 7th ed. Very Happy )

Anyway, I didn't get to play much 40k yet, but I'm familiar with the basic rules and the few armies I played against so far (which is Daemons and various flavours of GK). The best thing about DE in my opinion is that they work just like wood elves used to work in fantasy: fast, fragile and absolutely deadly. You attack with the aim of crippling your opponents movement and receiving close to no return fire - very much like a clockwork.

Well, enough blabbering from my part, I'm glad to be here and will be starting my project log and a thread on army composition in the near future.

Cheers,

Dogmar
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: A new aspiring Archon   A new aspiring Archon I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 18:14

Hi there Dogmar I have only been on this forum for a little while but I am always impressed with all the dedicated dark eldar players who keep this forum running and awesome at the same time. Cant wait to see a project log from you soon.

P.s. dose your name have anything to do with 'Sig'mar?

Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: A new aspiring Archon   A new aspiring Archon I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 18:50

Thanks for the friendly welcome, Marquis Vaulkhere.

No, it is not related to Sigmar, why would a True Kin like me pray to the god of those puny mortals in a different universe?! Very Happy

In fact the story how I got to this nick name is quite embarassing. A long long time ago I heard of the movie "Dogma" and even though I didn't know what it was I thought it sounded cool and used it as my nick for online video games. Doing so I misspelled it - "Dogmar" was born. I kept it as it still sounded cool and evil Smile

I'm in no way dogmatic though, I appreciate change and discussion Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new aspiring Archon   A new aspiring Archon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new aspiring Archon
Page 1 of 1