THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 WWP List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kenny3760
Sybarite

1750 WWP List Empty
PostSubject: 1750 WWP List   1750 WWP List I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 19:16

I'm seriously toying with the idea of a WWP list for a change of direction, a bit of fun and to shake things up a bit with my regular opponents. Heres what I've come up with at the moment, it's based on models I have at present, although I hope to aquire the new box set some time in the near future, so can see some more scourges and even some reavers making an appearance in the future.

Baron Sathonyx: HQ (105)
Baron Sathonyx

Haemonculus: HQ (85)
Haemonculus, WWP

Kabalite Trueborn: Elite (146)
3 Trueborn, 3 Blasters
Venom, Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Trueborn: Elite (146)
3 Trueborn, 3 Blasters
Venom, Splinter Cannon

Hellions: Troops (297)
17 Hellion
inc Helliarch, Agoniser

Wracks: Troops (100)
4 Wracks
Raider, Dark Lance

Wracks: Troops (100)
4 Wracks
Raider, Dark Lance

Wyches: Troops (150)
10 Wyches, Haywire Grenades
Inc Hekatrix, Agoniser

Beastmasters: Fast Attack (156)
3 Beastmasters, 4 Razorwing Flocks, 5 Khymera

Scourges: Fast Attack (130)
5 Scourges, 2 Haywire Blasters

Ravager: Heavy Support (105)
Ravager, 3 Dark Lances

Ravager: Heavy Support (105)
Ravager, 3 Dark Lances

Talos Pain Engine: Heavy Support (120)
Talos Pain Engine, Twin-Linked Heat Lance, Chain flails

I intend to start the 2 Ravagers, 2 Trueborn units and the 2 Wrack units, 1 with the Heami on board, on the table. This leaves the Baron/Hellions, Wyches, Beasts, Scourges and Talos to come through the portal.

The ravagers and trueborn are there primarily to suppress/destroy enemy vehicles to prevent the portal being blocked as with only 1 portal, it's important to keep it open. I've taken raiders with the wracks for the same reason, to suppress vehicles 1st turn.
The Baron is there to help get 1st turn and I just want to try hellions out the portal anyway.

Out the portal I've tied to bring units that can deal with both armour and infantry (barring the scourges) to a certain degree. Also having 2 jump infantry units allows me to partially ignore the portal being blocked.

Any advice or opinions welcome.
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

1750 WWP List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 WWP List   1750 WWP List I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 22:26

You are gonna want two WWP so you need to find away to fit another Hame in with WWP. Also your gonna want the hame's to do things after they drop there WWP by ether giving them some CC weapons like the scissor hands or have them fly around flaming things with a liquifier.

Also if your still worried about a WWP being surrounded roll for the reavers first with caltrops so then they can cut down anyone blocking the portal.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

1750 WWP List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 WWP List   1750 WWP List I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25 2011, 09:04

I would also put the Wracks in the venoms and the TB in the Raiders.

1. Raider + TB keep their distance due to their longrange Weapons
2. Wracks have to get into CC, the FF on venoms keep your transports alive
3. your Haemi with Liquifier (you gotta have one as Lululu said - just for the look of horror on the face of your oppponent when you flame his squads with DS1 to cinders) is then able to ride around in the venom, burning things.

Sybarite

1750 WWP List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 WWP List   1750 WWP List I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25 2011, 13:06

Interesting points.
I had initially thought about 2 portals, but decided to try only 1 to save some points. I'll try this first but if I find I need the 2 then I will switch to that. Part of the reason for the scourges and hellions was to ensure that something could come through the portal if it was blocked.

Raider and trueborn I'm not sure I see the advantage that you are talking about. The range of the weapons are exactly the same no-matter what transport they are in. The way I intend to run them gives me the advantage of being able to shoot any passengers should the trueborn manage to break open a transport, instead of having just another lance shot.

Wracks will not be getting into any combat in this list. I know people tend not to agree with this, but small units of wracks make great objective takers/holders, in most cases they are virtually ignored due to other threats. If the enemy get round to targeting these guys the game is lost already. Having thought about this a bit more it's unlikely that the wracks will even start in the raiders. They will be hanging about in my backfield, holding objectives or denying KP's.

Heami, I intend to use as a suicide portal dropper, thats why he has no gear on him. His role is to ride out 12" drop the portal and then die. He will be out there on his own, I want him to die in the shooting phase to help avoid any sling shot effect of assaulting units near the portal.

What I intend to happen on 1st turn is to fly out 2 raiders with 1 heami and drop the portal. I will have the TB venoms fly out up to 12" and disembark the TB into cover and the ravagers will line up for shooting. I'll then have 8 lance shots and 6 blaster shots to deal with the enemies most significant threats, followed by 24 splinter cannon shots to shoot infantry should the opportunity arise. I believe this is enough to keep the portal clear, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1750 WWP List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 WWP List   1750 WWP List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 WWP List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-