THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pts Drukhari ITC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
skycapt44
Slave
skycapt44

2000pts Drukhari ITC Empty
PostSubject: 2000pts Drukhari ITC   2000pts Drukhari ITC I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28 2018, 14:36

Just started my Drukhari army. Below is my attempt at a 2000pt list. I'm going with Kabal and Cult with no chance of using any coven units. There are some points left over but please advise your thoughts. I'd like some pointers on the finer things like prefered load oats for wyches, archon, etc. ALso what units should take what drugs.

Black Heart

Archon: Warlord, Lab of cunning; whit of living muse; agonizer, splinter pistol (sticks with Ravagers)
Archon: Blast Pistol, huskblade (rides in wyches raider)

5 warriors: blaster (rides in venom)

Ravager; 3 dissies
Ravager; 3 dissies
Ravager; 3 dissies

Venom; twin splinter, splinter cannon

Raider; Dissie
Raider; Dissie
Raider; Dissie

Razorwing; 2 dissie, twin splinter

Wyche Cult (no idea what kind to run but leaning to +1 S)

Succubus; blast pistol, glaive (rides in wyches raider)

9 Wyches; Hekatrix; blast pistol, agonizer, shardnet

6 Reavers; 2 blasters; 2 grav
6 Reavers; 2 blasters; 2 grav

Comes to 1947 points. Any help is appreciated. Thinking of maybe adding a 3rd Succubus and creating a red grief fast attached detachment for the reavers. Nets an extra CP too.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
phdx
Slave
phdx

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Drukhari ITC   2000pts Drukhari ITC I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28 2018, 15:22

Seems pretty solid. Some thoughts from when I ran a similar list:

For your warlord archon, consider dropping the Agonizer to a Venom Blade. That archon will commonly be deployed and moved to remain within 6" of the Ravagers and as a result will pretty rarely engage in close combat. Even when he does get in CC, the venom blade is quite good.

For your other Archon, consider using the Index wargear list to run Blaster, Huskblade, PGL. This opens up the Torment Grenade stratagem and gives this character the flexibility to hang back and shoot.

There was another thread about this on the forum, but note that from a shooting efficiency perspective, a Venom with 2 Cannons is better than one with Cannon/Twin Rifle at every range. This is especially true if they are carrying kabalites and will be preferentially hanging back at the ~18" range band.

For your Wych detachment, I strongly recommend either Cult of Strife or Red Grief. Strife will give you Lelith and an extremely strong stratagem. Red Grief gives your Wyches (and especially your bikes) a massive threat distance. Compared to these, the other obsession is great for your Wyches, but will make you lose out on a powerful character threat and doesn't really benefit your bikes at all. Red Grief Wyches don't hit particularly hard beyond the Blood Glaive Succubus, so I'd tend to run that detachment more as small squads of Wyches with just a shardnet in Venoms and sink the extra points into something beefier like more bikes or a Razorwing. Cult of Strife works great with 9 man squads like you have here. One of your squads will end up with kind of lame drugs - consider dropping that one to 5 man with just a Shardnet.

Edit - forgot to mention one last thing with the Wyches. Remember that your characters are packing 8"+D6 (rerollable T1 on the Archon and T2 on the Succubi) movement, 10"+D6 on a MS drug Succubus or Lelith. This keeps pace with your Raiders and they cannot be shot if you play them correctly due to character targeting restrictions. Footslogging them lets you bump the Wych squads up to 10 for 2 more weapons - Hydra Gauntlets or Shardnets are both huge bumps to the hitting power of the squad. This also 100% eliminates the possibility of characters dying in vehicle crashes, which is rare but disastrous.
Back to top Go down
skycapt44
Slave
skycapt44

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Drukhari ITC   2000pts Drukhari ITC I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28 2018, 19:23

All very solid advise. I had thought about the Index version but wasn't sure how ITC viewed mixing Index with Codex. I will most certainly give him a blaster if able. Also, I am not familiar with the 'venom blade'

I had thought about trading a succubus for Lelith and then open a fast attack detachment for succubus with blood glaive 4x3 reavers with grav for a bonus CP and get the red grief on them. Thoughts? Would look like this:

Black Heart

Archon: Warlord, Lab of cunning; whit of living muse; agonizer, splinter pistol (sticks with Ravagers)
Archon: Blast Pistol, huskblade

Ravager; 3 dissies
Ravager; 3 dissies
Ravager; 3 dissies

Raider; Dissie
Raider; Dissie
Raider; Dissie

Razorwing; 2 dissie, twin splinter

Wyche Cult Strife

Wyche Cult Red Grief

Succubus, blast pistol, blood glaive (rides in wyches raider)

3 Reavers grav talon
3 Reavers grav talon
3 Reavers grav talon
3 Reavers grav talon
Back to top Go down
phdx
Slave
phdx

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Drukhari ITC   2000pts Drukhari ITC I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28 2018, 20:13

Makes sense. In many ways the bigger option if you are using Index is the Phantasm Grenade Launcher - access to Torment Grenades is pretty nice for 3pts. Venom Blade is a Codex melee weapon option for 2 pts. 2+ to wound poison (6+ on vehicles), no AP, 1 damage. So vs. an agonizer you're trading the AP for much better wounding rolls and saving 2pts.

In the second list, do you mean to run Lelith instead of one of the Succubi?

Normally I don't like multiple small units of Reavers since they are much, much better with the toughness drug, but you have enough wych units here to max out on drugs (you can spam the same drug forever after using them all once). Up to you on this vs. everything in Strife detachments. The considerations are:

As is - extra CP (sort of, you're spending it immediately on the Blood Glaive), Red Grief Succubus is a great addition (pistol is pretty bad on this btw - she's going to want to advance most of the time, so I'd rather use the 10 to upgrade a Venom).

No outrider - playing the bikes in a big blob makes them much better (all 12 will benefit from Lightning Fast Reflexes, more ablative wounds for Blasters/grav talons, you can Webway Strike the whole blob), trade the Red Grief Succubus for Blasters.

My experience has been that the bikes really don't need to be Red Grief unless you expect to routinely attempt a T1 charge or late game charge half way across the table. This is much riskier/less impactful with the small units than a giant blob, so I'd err on the side of keeping them Strife in this list and focus on a much more hard-hitting T2 (or T1 if you go second and they move forward. I've found that going 2nd is very desirable in ITC and pressuring your opponents' ability to advance for scoring purposes without eating a massive alpha strike is something we do very well).

Quick draft (not using Index per your suggestion):

Black Heart Battalion

Archon w/ Splinter Pistol, Venom Blade, Labrynthine Cunning, Writ
Archon w/ Splinter Pistol, Huskblade

5 Warriors, Blaster
5 Warriors, Blaster
5 Warriors, Blaster

Venom, 2x Splinter Cannon

Raider, Disintegrator Cannon

Razorwing, Disintegrator Cannon, Twin Splinter Rifle

Cult of Strife Battalion

Lelith Hesperax (give WL trait with Alliance of Agony), 2x Penetrating Blade (Impaler is also fine)
Succubus (MS Drug), Splinter Pistol, Archite Glaive

10 Wyches (Strength Drug); Hekatrix, Agonizer, Shardnet, 2x Hydra Gauntlet
10 Wyches (Attacks Drug); Hekatrix, Agonizer, Shardnet, 2x Hydra Gauntlet
10 Wyches (Weapon Skill Drug); Hekatrix, Agonizer, Shardnet, 2x Hydra Gauntlet

12 Reavers (Toughness Drug); 4x Blaster, 4x Grav Talon

1993 total - enough to stick an agonizer on the Arena Champion or something. I'm not a fan of Blast Pistols on Wyches and HUGE fan of splinter cannons on Venoms, but that's a reasonable swap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Drukhari ITC   2000pts Drukhari ITC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pts Drukhari ITC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-