THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Anti tank at 800pts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

Anti tank at 800pts Empty
PostSubject: Anti tank at 800pts   Anti tank at 800pts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05 2018, 04:50

I'm mulling over what to bring for a doubles event. I want to bring more anti tank, but I'm a little unsure what to cut to find space for it. We have a very marine-dominated meta so dissies seem essential. Here's what I've concocted so far:

Kabal of the Flayed Skull Battalion

Archon
Agoniser, Splinter Pistol, The Helm of Spite, Warlord, Hatred Eternal.

Archon
Venom Blade, Splinter Pistol

Kabalites (5)
Kabalites (5)
Kabalites (5)

Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons

Ravager with 3 Disintegrators, Phantasm Grenade Launcher & Shock Prow

Razorwing Jetfighter with 2 Disintegrators & Twin Splinter Rifle

My White Scars ally is eying up a list consisting of a captain, an apothecary, two units of tactical marines with a plasma gun, two twin lascannon razorbacks, and some scouts with sniper rifles.

I'd really like to retain a list with plenty of vehicles as I think this plays to our strengths at low points levels. Still, any thoughts on how I could squeeze in some Darklight?

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Anti tank at 800pts   Anti tank at 800pts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05 2018, 05:25

Why not drop the 4 venoms for two raiders? Run them Dark Lances, and use the extra points left over to add blasters to your archon and warriors.

Buff up your second Archon a tad with a hustblade, and throw some other upgrades about...

Alternatively, you can keep the squads all the same, and add in a second ravager.

Either way, you have 300 points of your 800 tied up in Venoms. Drop those and your Raiders will more than cover for this size of game
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Anti tank at 800pts   Anti tank at 800pts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05 2018, 06:45

I agree with faithrun, if you want more anti tank drop the/some venoms in favour of raider(s). This will save you points and give you some extra anti tank.

You might wish to drop only 2 venoms for 1 raider and blasters. (I think this might be your best bet without changing the way your list works much, I would also not leave the archons alone in a venom who if it dies has a chance to kill an archon)
Drop 3 venoms for 2 raiders and an extra squad/court and some blasters/shredders.
Drop 4 venoms for 2 raiders and get something more expensive (this will drastically change how your list feels. It will eat into a lot of your anti infantry, so the extra unit might be something with dissies/shredders to ad some more anti infantry again).
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Anti tank at 800pts   Anti tank at 800pts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05 2018, 06:53

Thanks for the input. From what you've both suggested, I'm now considering:

a) Dropping a single Splinter Cannon from one Venom, dropping another Venom entirely, and adding a Dark Lance Raider.

b) Dropping two Venoms, and adding a Dark Lance Raider, adding three blasters to my Kabalites, and swapping the Twin Splinter Rifle on the Razorwing to a Splinter Cannon, and spending the last few points on Raider upgrades.

c) Dropping two Venoms, and adding a Dark Lance Raider, adding one-three blasters to my Kabalites, and adding one or two Sslyth.

One issue is that I only have access to a single Raider and a single Ravager for this particular event :/ I do have haywire scourges but they're so specific that they seem like a gamble at such a low points game.

Edit: I'm now fairly sure I'll lock in option c), removing two Venoms, and adding a Dark Lance Raider, two Blasters, an extra Kabalite and one Sslyth. I really didn't want to drop the Venom spam but showing up without at least some anti tank seems like a terrible idea if we pair off against mechanised lists.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anti tank at 800pts   Anti tank at 800pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anti tank at 800pts
Page 1 of 1