THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

fire dragons as true born with blaster?

Go down 
+5
Local_Ork
Gobsmakked
Thor665
Marquis Vaulkhere
rwatts
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rwatts
Slave

fire dragons as true born with blaster? Empty
PostSubject: fire dragons as true born with blaster?   fire dragons as true born with blaster? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 06:21

hey first post, just wanted to see what people thought about the idea given how hard I have found it to get blasters on the net.
cheers guys
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: fire dragons as true born with blaster?   fire dragons as true born with blaster? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 06:26

I think thats a great idea Rwatts. With the new finecast firedragons it would be a sinch to remove the heads and do some tweeking to the armour. Good thinking there.

fire dragons as true born with blaster? M1251709_99110104108_Firedragonsmain_873x627
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: fire dragons as true born with blaster?   fire dragons as true born with blaster? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 07:42

Yeah, that looks pretty bankable as a conversion - aesthetically the big goal would be getting some spikes and sharper edges to all those curving Eldar bits.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: fire dragons as true born with blaster?   fire dragons as true born with blaster? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 09:16

Thor665 wrote:
Yeah, that looks pretty bankable as a conversion - aesthetically the big goal would be getting some spikes and sharper edges to all those curving Eldar bits.

"Off with their heads!"

Agreed, this would make a very good conversion. Expensive, but good.

BTW - I'm moving this to the Painting and Modelling Discussion.
Back to top Go down
rwatts
Slave

PostSubject: Re: fire dragons as true born with blaster?   fire dragons as true born with blaster? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 11:37

Cheers guys. Sorry it was in the wrong section, was just wanting to run the idea by people to double check if people thought this would be an acceptable representaion.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: fire dragons as true born with blaster?   fire dragons as true born with blaster? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 12:50

fire dragons as true born with blaster? 109397_md-Eldar,%20Fire%20Dragon,%20Purple
(Pardon for crappy picture + awful paintjob, not mine minis)

Dunno. With proper paintjob they should look ok...
Helmets with "tusks", metal plume - that scream DE Aristocrats (no joke intended) for me. I would only add spikes/blades on shoulder pads or barbed mohawk.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: fire dragons as true born with blaster?   fire dragons as true born with blaster? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 15:10

Local_Ork wrote:
fire dragons as true born with blaster? 109397_md-Eldar,%20Fire%20Dragon,%20Purple
(Pardon for crappy picture + awful paintjob, not mine minis)

Dunno. With proper paintjob they should look ok...
Helmets with "tusks", metal plume - that scream DE Aristocrats (no joke intended) for me. I would only add spikes/blades on shoulder pads or barbed mohawk.

Should work out pretty well with a head swap, but whatever you do :DON'T PAINT THEM LIKE THIS!!!! affraid It would really defile everything that is DE. Very Happy I'm down with purple, but these made me throw up in my mouth a bit. tongue
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: fire dragons as true born with blaster?   fire dragons as true born with blaster? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 16:28

I wouldnt even switch heads, as they look like the older DE style with the pony tailesque things. If you have the newer models then sure, head-swap to your hearts content. What I would do is remove those soulstones... its just so blah... Razz
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: fire dragons as true born with blaster?   fire dragons as true born with blaster? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 16:50

The old pony tail things looked nothing like the FD's plume - the plume has always been Eldar looking wen neat, and DE looking when longer and more gnarled and wind-tossed looking.
Back to top Go down
rwatts
Slave

PostSubject: Re: fire dragons as true born with blaster?   fire dragons as true born with blaster? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 06:04

Luckily I have so many old warriors I don't intend on buying more anytime soon, my initial thoughts were to just remove the soul stones and minor conversion work, eg Adding spikes to back of the head. I'm glad I have had positive feed back, I'm not just wanting to be a cheap scate as its an expensive enough purchase, it was just wanting cool models that I could actually get hold of lol. But I'm glad the gaming comunity sees this as a valid idea and I hope anyone else that was struggling to get hold of the illusive blaster will use the idea!
Cheers
Back to top Go down
rwatts
Slave

PostSubject: Re: fire dragons as true born with blaster?   fire dragons as true born with blaster? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 06:14

Ps, yeh I don't intend on using this kabals colour or markings. Not really my cup of tean but each to there own, Someone must have appreciated it Smile
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: fire dragons as true born with blaster?   fire dragons as true born with blaster? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 06:59

rwatts wrote:
Ps, yeh I don't intend on using this kabals colour or markings. Not really my cup of tean but each to there own, Someone must have appreciated it Smile
Cheers

And that someone was clearly color-blind or on LSD cyclops
Back to top Go down
rwatts
Slave

PostSubject: Re: fire dragons as true born with blaster?   fire dragons as true born with blaster? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 08:44

Lol probably the same guy that came up with betty boop and magic roundabout! Have you seen that stuff..... Wow
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: fire dragons as true born with blaster?   fire dragons as true born with blaster? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 15:28

I've had the same idea of using Fire Dragons as Blasterborn for a long time. Personally, I'd just give them a paint job that goes with the rest of my Blasterborn, without going for adding all the spikes and blades. In any case, Fire Dragons as Blasterborn is probably a good alternative if you're not into converting the blasters from Shredders or not feeling like ebaying the bits.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: fire dragons as true born with blaster?   fire dragons as true born with blaster? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28 2011, 15:44

I think that you could make some Commorragh aligned Corsairs that are taking part in the realspace raids just for the lulz. I'm doing something similar using the FW Corsairs to make my Trueborn (as all Craftworld Eldar are essential 'trueborn' to some degree).

Look at giving them all unhelmeted heads from across the GW Eldar and Elven ranges; fur and tribal tattoos always reinforce the barbaric look.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fire dragons as true born with blaster?   fire dragons as true born with blaster? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fire dragons as true born with blaster?
Page 1 of 1