THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ravager conversion ideas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
malik.sisic@gmail.com
Slave
malik.sisic@gmail.com

Ravager conversion ideas Empty
PostSubject: Ravager conversion ideas   Ravager conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19 2018, 13:46

Big sorry if it is a repost.

So after some time collecting Dark Denizens I have came to the point where I have tons of Raiders and bits from different models.

Since they are old 4th edition raiders with small platforms on sides, I want to use some of them as Ravagers since they are new hotness.

So I would like to see if anyone successfully tried to take disintegrators or lances and made some sort of a weapon platform and mount it on Ravager, or some type of side weapon systems mounted on a hull.

One poster also mentioned usage of Skaven Stormvermin and it is also really cool option.

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Ravager conversion ideas   Ravager conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19 2018, 15:19

*cough*3rd edition Raiders*cough*

I've done this conversion myself - the old Raider and Ravager model are highly similar, just like the new ones. If you have extra lances or dissies for the Raiders you should also have the extra gun poles they mount on (if you're using new model lances/dissies then just look at the mount on the old Raiders and realize it's a super easy conversion) after that all you need to do is add side shields.

I've used old Raider platforms carved up to make the shields, I've also done it by just adding broad blades across the side in a shield design to give the "heavier armored" look of the Ravager.

It's a simple conversion that can be done a handful of ways and look excellent - the big required elements are the side armor and the three gun mounts, and you could make the gun mounts out of spare sprue if you wanted, and the side shields out of blade or sail attatchments, or extra side platforms very easily.

Hope that helps!

Back to top Go down
malik.sisic@gmail.com
Slave
malik.sisic@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Ravager conversion ideas   Ravager conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2018, 12:37

Thor665 wrote:
*cough*3rd edition Raiders*cough*

I've done this conversion myself - the old Raider and Ravager model are highly similar, just like the new ones. If you have extra lances or dissies for the Raiders you should also have the extra gun poles they mount on (if you're using new model lances/dissies then just look at the mount on the old Raiders and realize it's a super easy conversion) after that all you need to do is add side shields.

I've used old Raider platforms carved up to make the shields, I've also done it by just adding broad blades across the side in a shield design to give the "heavier armored" look of the Ravager.

It's a simple conversion that can be done a handful of ways and look excellent - the big required elements are the side armor and the three gun mounts, and you could make the gun mounts out of spare sprue if you wanted, and the side shields out of blade or sail attatchments, or extra side platforms very easily.

Hope that helps!

That is perfect!

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ravager conversion ideas   Ravager conversion ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ravager conversion ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: