THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Coven LOW

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sacredsilence
Hellion
Sacredsilence

Coven LOW  Empty
PostSubject: Coven LOW    Coven LOW  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29 2018, 06:02

Thinking about the Haemonculus and lords of war. Talos and Cronos are cool, but given how twisted these guys are wouldn't they want to go furthur? Think that a coven LOW makes most sense given their love of big horrible things and GWs love of release models at 100usd +

Coven Lord of War
Pain Spectacle

Name M WS BS S T W A Ld Sv
Pain Spectacle    * * * 8 8 24 6 8 3+

Remaining Wounds M WS BS
13-24 12” 3+ 3+
7-12 10” 4+ 4+
1-6 8” 5+ 5+

A Pain Spectacle is a single model unit armed with 4 splinter pods, 2 macro-scalpels and a Sample harvester.

Wargear options: The pain spectacle may replace any of its splinterpods with a splintercannon, heat lance or haywire blaster.
The pain spectacle may take a spirit probe
The pain spectacle may replace 1 or both macro-scalpels with chain-flails, ichor injectors or twin-liquifier guns

Abilities:
Sample Harvester:
At the beginning of the fight phase, all models within 12” of the pain spectacle suffer a S1 Ap- automatic hit. For each casualty inflicted, the pain spectacle receives +1 A for the remainder of the phase.
Affront to Nature:
All enemy units within 6” of the pain spectacle suffer -1 to their Ld
The pinnacle of Fleshcraft:
Friendly Drukhari Units within 12” that have the power from pain ability treat the current battle round as being 1 higher than it actually is when determining what bonuses they gain.  

Power from Pain, Insensible to Pain + standard titan rules

Thanks to Mppqlmd for the harvester idea
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

Coven LOW  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven LOW    Coven LOW  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2018, 02:53

First of all, props, I cannot believe I'm the first to comment. Although I don't generally care for Coven I definitely agree that if there were ever a native LoW option for Drukhari it would be from their dark corner of the codex. I don't think anything about the model is inherently overpowered, in fact I think that it would be a fairly cheap LoW option - the perfect distraction carnifex, if you will. I love that it is especially useful when hordes are nearby, as they are overly prevalent in this edition IMO. My only suggestion would be that there be two melee modes one for tougher targets and one "scything" mode to melee hordes. Nice work! Very Happy

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Sacredsilence
Hellion
Sacredsilence

Coven LOW  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven LOW    Coven LOW  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14 2018, 06:38

Thanks Smile good point, Maybe a nerfed version of the lord of skulls? I'm not a coven plquer either, prefer speed over durability, but reckon I'll make a small coven force and maybe try making one of these just for fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coven LOW  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven LOW    Coven LOW  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coven LOW
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-