THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Non-elite Drukhari families & birth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
D3m0snipe
Slave
D3m0snipe

Non-elite Drukhari families & birth Empty
PostSubject: Non-elite Drukhari families & birth   Non-elite Drukhari families & birth I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2018, 05:10

So I'm aware that Dark Eldar are either trueborn through the natural process which is extremely long and dangerous or halfborn through a test tube where they are spat out as young adults to either be put on the streets or to join a Kabal straight away. But i was wondering, if not for the toiling of Haemonculi or the orders of an Archon, how do normal families form in the middle and lower parts of Commorragh? I imagine that aside from random acts of violence, if your home isn't intruding on gang territory then you should be able to have a child relatively safely on the ouskirts of the cities. It just seems like there is no way for new families to be formed if only Noble families can have children normally in the first place. I was wondering if anyone else had any thoughts on this.
Back to top Go down
Rekt
Slave
Rekt

PostSubject: Re: Non-elite Drukhari families & birth   Non-elite Drukhari families & birth I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07 2018, 23:01

I'm curious how the halfborns are looked after until they can fend for themselves? Factory style Orphanages, billeted out?, Assigned in sort of an apprentice system?
Back to top Go down
https://jetblackraider.tumblr.com/
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: Non-elite Drukhari families & birth   Non-elite Drukhari families & birth I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2018, 16:32

There aren't many hard answers regarding what life is like for 'average' Commorrites removed from the Cults, Kabals, and Covens honestly.

I imagine Commorragh as something like a libertarian/anarcho-capitalist dystopia, halfborn children are probably not spawned by the Haemonculi until they're paid to provide such a service.

And while we know that not all Commorrites have pacts with Haemonculi or can even afford their services, it's possible that it's actually cheaper to spawn a halfborn child than the full adult replicas the Kabalites are buying (less "insectile science" required).

Average Drukhari families can't afford the time and materials required to birth a trueborn child, but there are probably still economic pressures and cultural/social mores around having offspring in Commorragh - even if that offspring is just a halfborn clone, potentially.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Non-elite Drukhari families & birth   Non-elite Drukhari families & birth I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28 2018, 22:21

Drukhari, like normal Eldar, suffer from low birthrate and fertility problems (the rampant violence and drug use in Commorragh doesn't help).

Trueborn exist in all strata of DE society, I'd say, and they are always viewed as 'better,' although not enough to be of a higher social class. (A vat grown Drukhari in the Kabal of the Black Rose doesn't give a flying fanny about trueborn scum that don't merit a position in a kabal.)

Families aren't a big thing in Commorragh: a child isn't just a drain on your resources, they're a threat. Unless you can use them to increase your own effectiveness, it doesn't benefit you to have a spouse or children. (Most DE families are going to be in the same business or trade, functioning like a minor mafia family in that regard, or like a kabal in miniature.)

The fact that the poorest members of DE society have so little motivation to procreate also helps explain the low birth rate; there's no benefit in doing so, so if the Kabals want exploitable shock troops, they can pay the dosh to grow them, or so the typical Commorrite thinking probably goes.

Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non-elite Drukhari families & birth   Non-elite Drukhari families & birth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non-elite Drukhari families & birth
Page 1 of 1