THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Drukhari / Ynnari / Craftworld 2000pts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

Drukhari / Ynnari / Craftworld 2000pts Empty
PostSubject: Drukhari / Ynnari / Craftworld 2000pts   Drukhari / Ynnari / Craftworld 2000pts I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2018, 09:36

Hi guys.

Ok so, well, I am going to a turnament soon.This is what I am planning on bringing, some points to spare.
I know Ynnari these days are not that strong and same goes for Yncarne, however I love playing with it, therefore I am bringing it.

Terrain is decent not fantastic where I am going.

HQ1 Succubus
HQ2 Succubus
Troop1 20x Wyches 3x shardnets
Troop2 20x Wyches 3x shardnets
Troop3 5x Wyches 1x shardnet

Ynnari Batallion +5
HQ3 Yncarne
HQ4 Farseer
HQ5 Warlock
Troop4 5x Rangers
Troop5 5x Rangers
Troop6 5x Rangers

Harlequin Silent shroud +1
HQ6 Troup master, Fusion gun
Elite1 Solitare
Fast1 3x Skyweavers, Haywire cannons
Fast2 4x Skyweavers, Haywire cannons
Fast3 5x Skyweavers, Haywire cannons

The meta often brings alot of Tau, Chaos, Tyranids and Knights

C&C welcome.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari / Ynnari / Craftworld 2000pts   Drukhari / Ynnari / Craftworld 2000pts I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2018, 13:03

Darklight wrote:
HQ1 Succubus
HQ2 Succubus
I'm guessing you're running these as Cursed Blade?
What equipment on the Succubi?

Darklight wrote:
Ynnari Batallion +5
HQ3 Yncarne
HQ4 Farseer
HQ5 Warlock
Troop4 5x Rangers
Troop5 5x Rangers
Troop6 5x Rangers
There's not a lot of synergy with being Ynnari here, it's practically a Craftworld detachment (though I guess you're aware of this).

Darklight wrote:
Elite1 Solitare
I'm not sure how well these guys are going to combo in exactly - are you planning on sprinting your psykers up the field to try to get off a bit of leadership shenanigans? The strategy seems thin and risky. I'd dare suggest you'd do better fielding these guys as Frozen Stars or Midnight Sorrow just to get a bit more assault or mobility into the mix.

Overall I think the army comes across a little disjointed, the three parts don't feel like they're helping each other much. The Harlies will get to the fight quick, but with functionally no shooting support outside of 15 snipers (that should probably be shooting characters anyway). Then the Harlies are either bulldogging in or trying to play the angles at 24" with haywire and fear bubbles...?

The Wyches swarm in next with good numbers and lockdown, but that's presuming 3 bikes and a Solitaire actually locked down shooting much for them. I guess you could Webway in some wyches, but that just lets your opponent focus fire more.

Really it feels like you're very soft on shooting, and an even casually bubble wrapped list (or a Knight list built halfway intelligently) ought to be giving you some serious issues, and since you say Tau and Knights are a thing for your local meta... Nids might be a boggle too depending on how they build them.

I'm not sure what to suggest as a clean fix without just suggesting that you rebuild your entire army concept Very Happy I think my core thoughts are that you should ask yourself what you'll do against bubble wrap or against anything that is mobile and shooty (like, say, Knights - especially as they'll ignore nets). I think either of those sorts of builds with even casually decent firepower are going to eat your list up very aggressively. Also, unless I'm missing something (possible, as I don't play leadership shenanigans much) I don't see your Masque Form being particularly helpful due to footslogging psykers with limited combos.

Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari / Ynnari / Craftworld 2000pts   Drukhari / Ynnari / Craftworld 2000pts I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2018, 13:47

Thor665 wrote:
Darklight wrote:
HQ1 Succubus
HQ2 Succubus
I'm guessing you're running these as Cursed Blade?
What equipment on the Succubi?

I run these as Cursed blade yes.
Succubi is just stock. Switched Agoniser for pistol to spare the 4 poitns per model.
Wyches are planned to go in to deepstrike, both 20man units.

Thor665 wrote:

Darklight wrote:
Ynnari Batallion +5
HQ3 Yncarne
HQ4 Farseer
HQ5 Warlock
Troop4 5x Rangers
Troop5 5x Rangers
Troop6 5x Rangers
There's not a lot of synergy with being Ynnari here, it's practically a Craftworld detachment (though I guess you're aware of this).

I know I dont get much synergys from Ynnari here. Bascially only reason they are Ynnari is that I really want to play the Yncarne, and that I hate craftworld.

But I need Doom and Jinx to handle the Knights.

Thor665 wrote:
Darklight wrote:
Elite1 Solitare
I'm not sure how well these guys are going to combo in exactly - are you planning on sprinting your psykers up the field to try to get off a bit of leadership shenanigans? The strategy seems thin and risky. I'd dare suggest you'd do better fielding these guys as Frozen Stars or Midnight Sorrow just to get a bit more assault or mobility into the mix.

To be honest I havnt played the codex yet. Reason I chose the Silent shroud was the assault without getting overwatched stratagem.

I think that would synergize excellent with the wyches against opponents like Tau who can overwatch with their entire castle. First charge in with a unit with skyweavers active stratagem, charge multiple units, then charge with 20x wyches that can hold most of the line.

This may not be needed, but I only chose it because of the faction stratagem.

Thor665 wrote:
Overall I think the army comes across a little disjointed, the three parts don't feel like they're helping each other much. The Harlies will get to the fight quick, but with functionally no shooting support outside of 15 snipers (that should probably be shooting characters anyway). Then the Harlies are either bulldogging in or trying to play the angles at 24" with haywire and fear bubbles...?

The Wyches swarm in next with good numbers and lockdown, but that's presuming 3 bikes and a Solitaire actually locked down shooting much for them. I guess you could Webway in some wyches, but that just lets your opponent focus fire more.

Really it feels like you're very soft on shooting, and an even casually bubble wrapped list (or a Knight list built halfway intelligently) ought to be giving you some serious issues, and since you say Tau and Knights are a thing for your local meta... Nids might be a boggle too depending on how they build them.

I'm not sure what to suggest as a clean fix without just suggesting that you rebuild your entire army concept Very Happy I think my core thoughts are that you should ask yourself what you'll do against bubble wrap or against anything that is mobile and shooty (like, say, Knights - especially as they'll ignore nets). I think either of those sorts of builds with even casually decent firepower are going to eat your list up very aggressively. Also, unless I'm missing something (possible, as I don't play leadership shenanigans much) I don't see your Masque Form being particularly helpful due to footslogging psykers with limited combos.

The bubblewrape is a good point, I have to admit that I havnt thought about IG/Imperial bublewrap army and that I will strugle.

Thoe the wyches with doom and jinx will take down most bubble wraps I see that leaving them in the open will be a problem.

I expect leaving both wych units in Deepstrike and 1 skyweaver unit in deepstrike.

I should be able to hide most of the units in terrain/BLOS where I am going, its not Nova terrain, but not far off.

My first thought to was Skyweavers are good at taking down the knights with Doom and jinx, haywire teoretically should be quite good at the job.

Wyches with +1S and 1 unit with +2S aswell will take woulds of the knights with Doom and Jinx.

However I may rely in the doom and jinx to much aswell.

I do so your points, might need to rethink some stuff

Thanks for some good feedback

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari / Ynnari / Craftworld 2000pts   Drukhari / Ynnari / Craftworld 2000pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drukhari / Ynnari / Craftworld 2000pts
Page 1 of 1