THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce

Go down 
+3
Marquis Vaulkhere
gunnerboy1607
Mirarii
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mirarii
Hellion
Mirarii

My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce Empty
PostSubject: My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce   My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 23:29

Rather than paying $15 for an Archon model I really don't need, I decided to make my own. I mainly used pieces from the Kabalite Warrior sprue. I still got 10 warriors, 10 wyches, 3 reavers, and the raider that the set contains, but am missing one raider crewman (technically from my second raider that I haven't finished yet, so my particular pieces weren't from the battleforce box, even though they are the same).

My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce JFsFN
My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce JC8zp
My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce DuZ7O

Mainly did this to practice magnetizing and converting. He has a choice of Blaster or Splinter Pistol/Agoniser. The model itself is pretty normal, nothing really special, but I did add a cape made out of paper towel and hardened with superglue (apparently the glue literally burns the paper towel so there was a teensy bit of smoke...). Also added a large spike to the shoulder to match the official model, and made my own blaster out of a dark lance and a spare chunk off a disintegrator (Warriors needed the one that came in the box).

Comparison to regular blaster:
My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce GZEdf

I'm not sure if I want to use my poor man's cape or just attach the standard/trophy rack to his back. I fear that the latter options would make him look like a sybarite.

Any ideas on how to make him look a bit more like an Archon? Criticisms? Compliments? Painting him Obsidian Rose style to match the rest of my group.

Edit: Also drilled a few holes and cut some edges into a power weapon to turn it into a Huskblade. Any ideas on how to make a soul trap to go with it?
Back to top Go down
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce   My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 08:12

Iv been planning to do the same thing as well! To convert an archon from one of the raider crew. What I would try and do, is have a very special base for him, make him stand out! But if u want o have a more exciting archon! Other than one just standing on the spot, u could use the crew members of the raider, the ones hanging off and just do a bit of cutting and stuff! And it should look good! Hope that made sense! Very Happy

Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce   My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 08:19

Thats pretty cool, how did you do the cape?

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce   My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 15:35

I've made two Archon models so far out of the regular Kabalites. While the GW Archon model is great as well, I feel that through a conversion from a Kabalite the Archon becomes more personalized, has wider options of posing, and provides good practice for greenstuffing the cape with some added dramatic effect (like in that one beautiful picture in the gallery section with an Archon leaping off the transport, marvelous work).

I hadn't thought of cutting the Dark Lance like that, though. That makes for one massive, intimidating Blaster. I'll certainly try that out!

Oh, also, don't worry about the missing crewman (it's the one that's steering the ship, right?). The driver's seat is perfect for putting in the leader of the squad that sits in the transport. Makes easy reference of who is in where, and doesn't look as out of place as a Marine on top of a Rhino or a Guardsman Commander on top of a Chimera.
Back to top Go down
Mirarii
Hellion
Mirarii

PostSubject: Re: My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce   My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 15:59

gunnerboy1607 wrote:
Iv been planning to do the same thing as well! To convert an archon from one of the raider crew. What I would try and do, is have a very special base for him, make him stand out! But if u want o have a more exciting archon! Other than one just standing on the spot, u could use the crew members of the raider, the ones hanging off and just do a bit of cutting and stuff! And it should look good! Hope that made sense! Very Happy

I wish I would have thought of that sooner... The one that hangs off the side would almost be perfect, and it has a female torso which matches the true Archon of the Obsidian Rose (Aestra Khromys)...

Well looks like I'm going to spend some of today refitting her arms, kinda angry that I already built everything, but at least I didn't use plastic glue.

stiticus the ancient wrote:
Oh, also, don't worry about the missing crewman (it's the one that's steering the ship, right?). The driver's seat is perfect for putting in the leader of the squad that sits in the transport. Makes easy reference of who is in where, and doesn't look as out of place as a Marine on top of a Rhino or a Guardsman Commander on top of a Chimera.

Yeah I was kinda relieved when I figured out there was just enough room up there for a regular base.

Marquis Vaulkhere wrote:
Thats pretty cool, how did you do the cape?
Paper towel. I just bent it into sorta the form I wanted and dripped superglue on it. It did start to smoke though, and the glue got sorta hot.
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce   My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 05:27

love the blaster, as i see it hes the archon, he has a special order gun, sent in the cereal box tops and everything.
Back to top Go down
Rip
Hellion
Rip

PostSubject: Re: My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce   My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25 2011, 12:19

Really liking yours. I don't have a problem with the official Archon model; but agree there's more scope for customisation using a Kabalite and as you end up with so many spare pieces it'd be a shame not to.

For mine, I used the torso with cape from the Dark Elves Corsairs box. I had to put a plug into the waist cavity and keep the head plug on the torso as my Archon's neck. It's ended up making him taller, which is the effect I want.

Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue / Cult of the Thirsting Blade / The Architects of Flesh
Zahr-Tann Craftworld
Sa'cea Sept
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce   My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28 2011, 15:07

I like the paper towel cape. It looks like it would make really awesome cloak of flayed skin.

My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce   My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My First Conversion: Archon from Battleforce
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: