THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE Kill team box

Go down 
+5
Ripper.McGuirl
Count Adhemar
Squidmaster
AzraeI
finfarafin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
finfarafin
Slave
finfarafin

DE Kill team box  Empty
PostSubject: DE Kill team box    DE Kill team box  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2018, 11:23

DE
https://imgur.com/a/FItXhOP

Deathwatch
https://imgur.com/a/y6WxQRT

Killzone
https://imgur.com/a/yra3Z2E
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

DE Kill team box  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Kill team box    DE Kill team box  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2018, 01:58

The terrain is kinda meh and 10 wyches are 10 wyches but at least the cover art looks nice
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

DE Kill team box  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Kill team box    DE Kill team box  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2018, 10:54

Yeah, not impressed.

The Deathworld terrain frankly looks awful, and I've yet to convince myself that its ever worth taking Wyches for anything.

THis box is a hard pass for me.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

DE Kill team box  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Kill team box    DE Kill team box  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2018, 18:18

My Wyches performed quite nicely in my one and only game of Kill Team so far but as I already have 40+ of them and, as others have said, the terrain is crap I think I'll pass.

Ripper.McGuirl
Hellion
Ripper.McGuirl

DE Kill team box  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Kill team box    DE Kill team box  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2018, 23:31

My single game was also a good one for the Wyches, I still only have metal wyches in my collection, and I actually think that the terrain will look awesome when integrated with some other things, so I am looking forward to this. Plus, new tactics and missions, as well as tokens that won’t be the same as everyone elses. I also dug up my Gangs of Commorragh tokens to use, as well.
Back to top Go down
http://destroydestroydestroy.org
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

DE Kill team box  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Kill team box    DE Kill team box  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2018, 08:15

Wyches are not that bad, especially in kill team. But the terrain must be a joke or an example of not really thinking about it. The 40k rules for these are +1 to psychic tests and deny the witch and -1 to hit in close combat, which is is not really good terrain for wyches or drukhari at all.
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
Mikoneo

DE Kill team box  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Kill team box    DE Kill team box  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2018, 12:16

You're not kidding, those rules are garbage for us. Great job GW
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

DE Kill team box  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Kill team box    DE Kill team box  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2018, 15:24

It's times like these where I wonder if GW just throws a few darts at their product lists and shoves them in a box.

Ten wyches and some crap terrain with crappier rules, likely at a 30% markup from their original price.

This is almost as bad as the starter set with eleven models and five transport capacity.

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

DE Kill team box  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Kill team box    DE Kill team box  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2018, 20:52

Mikoneo wrote:

I'm yet to lose a game using my Drukhari in Kill Team.

The box also has a few tasty tactics exclusive to the booster that are solid, everybody can use more Wyches Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

DE Kill team box  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Kill team box    DE Kill team box  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2018, 12:37

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Mikoneo wrote:

The box also has a few tasty tactics exclusive to the booster that are solid, everybody can use more Wyches Razz

That was about the 40k rules of that terrain, not the kill team rules. The fluff to this ruins is, that they emit some ancient power, which strengthens psykic powers and dulls the reflexes. The problem was not that drukhari have bad rules, just that it is the most thematically unfitting terrain possible for a wych starter box, and in 40k drukhari players even would tend to avoid it.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

DE Kill team box  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Kill team box    DE Kill team box  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05 2018, 23:44

Koldan wrote:
Evil Space Elves wrote:
Mikoneo wrote:

That was about the 40k rules of that terrain, not the kill team rules. The fluff to this ruins is, that they emit some ancient power, which strengthens psykic powers and dulls the reflexes. The problem was not that drukhari have bad rules, just that it is the most thematically unfitting terrain possible for a wych starter box, and in 40k drukhari players even would tend to avoid it.

Got it. I would ask what terrain is thematically fitting aside from the Webway Gate? A lot of D rukhari players also play other Aeldari factions. If nothing else, it looks good on a table.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Ripper.McGuirl
Hellion
Ripper.McGuirl

DE Kill team box  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Kill team box    DE Kill team box  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2018, 00:04

I finally was able to crack open the Drukhari Kill Team box, and I think the missions and tactics are both pretty great. The mission that changes the injury chart when the Drukhari are attacking so that it is almost all flesh wounds, but gives bonuses to Drukhari models who are near wounded opponents is very cool and thematic. Also, there is a Hyperstimm tactic, and any time I can force models to take too many drugs and run the risk that thet might die, I am absolutely going to.
Back to top Go down
http://destroydestroydestroy.org
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

DE Kill team box  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Kill team box    DE Kill team box  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12 2018, 18:46

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Koldan wrote:
Evil Space Elves wrote:
Mikoneo wrote:

Got it. I would ask what terrain is thematically fitting aside from the Webway Gate? A lot of D rukhari players also play other Aeldari factions. If nothing else, it looks good on a table.

GW wants to sell the deathworld forest with this. Looking into it there are plants that can uproot themselves to hunt both armies. Basically moving cover that as a downside is trying to kill you. Don't know if our pain addicted drug abusers would really see it as such a negative, if there are tendrils slashing around both they and their enemies have to dodge. Sounds like something they would take back home and decorate their arena with.

Jut to give one example because anything would be actually better in my opinion. Drukhari and psychic powers is close to fantasy dwarfs and magic and i think most people will agree, that a wizard tower or ruin of it is definitly one of the least expected choices for a dwarf set.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DE Kill team box  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Kill team box    DE Kill team box  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE Kill team box
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-