THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Out of range melee

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

Out of range melee Empty
PostSubject: Out of range melee   Out of range melee I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2018, 02:03

Me and my friend ran into an argument:
20 wyches attack 10 marines, the marines are spaced out to the max. My 3 wyches with hydra gauntlets kill 5 marines, he kills the closest 5 but now the other 5 are more than an inch away.
Now to the question: Do the other 17 wyches get to attack them because they were within an inch at the start of the fight when the attacks were declared, or dont they get to attack because now they are to far away?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Out of range melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of range melee   Out of range melee I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2018, 11:01

You start out activating a unit.
All units which charged or are within 1" of an enemy unit can activate.
So if a unit charged, but the unit it charged gets killed before they attack, they still get to activate and pile in, hoping to find something else to attack.

In your case, it sounds like its one unit of twenty Wyches.

As I read it from there the whole unit attacks.
Yes you need to roll different weapons seperately but you still make the attacks at the same time.
So you roll all of your attacks, and then give wounds from the entire unit to your opponent to allocate.
All of the Wyches eligible to fight when their unit activates and piles in would get to fight.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

Out of range melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of range melee   Out of range melee I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2018, 14:54

thank you
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

Out of range melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of range melee   Out of range melee I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2018, 17:27

agree with squidmaster.

In the same scenario if you had a succubus there, and she was who killed the 5 marines, then you would not be able to attack the marines (assuming you're more than 1" away after your pile in)
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

Out of range melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of range melee   Out of range melee I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2018, 02:08

Silverglade wrote:
In the same scenario if you had a succubus there, and she was who killed the 5 marines, then you would not be able to attack the marines (assuming you're more than 1" away after your pile in)
Unless you charged that turn, then you would be allowed to activate.

Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

Out of range melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of range melee   Out of range melee I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2018, 16:24

Bullet #3 under Fight Phase mentions that you select targets before any dice are rolled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Out of range melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of range melee   Out of range melee I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out of range melee
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-