THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets

Go down 
+4
Thor665
Local_Ork
Evil Space Elves
Sky Serpent
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets Empty
PostSubject: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 14:39

The Dark Eldar have recieved some Xmas love in the December White Dwarf, with new Apocalypse Datasheets for all to use when that Realspace raid is a bigger affair.

First we have the Dark Olympiad: a gladiatorial contest that takes three years and ends with the participants and spectactors warping to a realspace raid.

For 100 points and 1 Succubus, 1+ Bloodbrides, 2+ Wyches, 1+ Hellions, 1+ Reavers and 1+ Beastmasters you get the following special rules: Everything must start within 12" of the Succubus, every time you get a pain token another unit in 24 gets one too, you get two rolls for drugs and get to keep both AND all beasts count as having drugs. Nice.

Second and lastly there is the Razorwing Sickle Squadron where you must take three and pay a small fee for each Jetfighter to make a sickle like attack: one non vehicle unit you pass over takes D6 S8 AP- Rending attacks.

Looking forward to trying these out.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 16:15

About time! As a lover of all things Wychey I am on board for the Dark Olympiad. Looks like I will have to buy a White Dwarf for the first time this year lol! The Sickle Squadron sounds like there is now a use for Razorwings that live past their turn one BONZAI! missile attack. Might need to get some of those...

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 16:39

New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets Baked-dog-1
Lol at "baked" dogs.

Even more at Razorwings acting like Reavers. I'm pretty sure they must move with max speed to do that...

Anyway I think Dark Olympiad is pertty cool (and no-brainer, duh) concept. Beasts with 2 drug rolls, maybe duke Slisscus for cheese seems... hairy (>beardy). I want "Murder Go Round" next...

Not sure if I like Sickle Squadron for same reason (except a lot more due to weaker hull and actual shooting weapons) I don't like Void Mine. Cool idea tho.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 16:47

Do you get to load the Olympiad into transports? That's a lot of mixed unit speeds for a formation.

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 17:14

Not quite. Hellions move 12", beasts move + run, Raiders/Venoms move 12" and shoot... Only Reavers are faster.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 17:42

The units only have to be deployed within 12" so can move where they like afterwards; the Wyches can go in Raiders and anything you'd normally want to do with them.

Duke Sliscus allows you to roll three dice and pick the two you want, judging by the amount of pain tokens that will fly around you're best off avoiding Splintermind. Beasts with combat drugs sounds awesome to me, shame they still can't take advantage of pain tokens though.

The Razorwings can move any speed they like but the line is drawn similar to the Reavers but can be drawn from any part of the base - start and finish.

If you like Apocalypse then it'd be worth picking up the White Dwarf, it's not a bad issue this month either.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 18:45

Local_Ork wrote:
Not quite. Hellions move 12", beasts move + run, Raiders/Venoms move 12" and shoot... Only Reavers are faster.
Well...

Wyches - move 6" assault 6
Hellions move 12" assault 6"
Beasts move 6" assault 12"
Raiders move 12" disembark 2" assault 6"
All have a 1d6" run.

So...I stand by my thoughts as far as different movements go.

Sky Serpent wrote:
The units only have to be deployed within 12" so can move where they like afterwards; the Wyches can go in Raiders and anything you'd normally want to do with them.
Usually Apocalyptic formations need to stay in semi-coherency to take advantage of their rules...I guess looking at them again the only one that might really matter is the 24" Pain Token sharing.

Looks to be pretty awesome coming out of a portal, quite frankly.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 18:49

Good thinking, unless You NEED it deploy this on board You baypass 12" requirement with Portal.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 20:07

I think formations have to enter together...hold on, let me check that.

Yeah - you deploy and reserve together - so they count as one unit as far as that goes.

Which means WWP shenanigans are well in the future for the Olympiad.
Though I think Flank March will be where it's really at.

Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 20:58

I like the idea behind the Sickle Squadron. Taking a supersonic fighterjet and flying it close enough to the ground to bisect people with the wings is a very Dark Eldar-ey idea (very Orky idea aswell, but I've always felt Dark Eldar are like more sophisticated, higher tech Orks who love torture in addition to fighting).

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28 2011, 00:23

That's a funny way of looking at it, I approve.

Fascinating that my two favorite armies are the two races who are actually having "fun" in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium. Interesting insight into my army choices perhaps...

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30 2011, 08:41

Does that formation means that if we get 6 on the drug roll , everyone else will immedialty gain second PT and we have Furious Charge in addition to second drug effect? )))
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30 2011, 09:52

It says from removing unit, so no. No extra from cronos' share the pain either. It does say army gets second drug roll, so it looks like it buffs all models with combat drugs, even in other units.

looks like it would combo well with the duke and the karnival of pain formation(gives 30 grotes combat drugs, with a extra roll if near urien at start of turn, so 3 drug results with a reroll on grotes.) Twisted Evil

Due to the razorwing formation, I now must paint blood stains on my razorwing's wing tips. Gives razorwings something to do if shaken or weapons are blown off. Helps control when units arrive with the apoc reserve rules by counting as one unit also.

Side note to people in England, I keep trying to spell second as secound. Is that a valid spelling American spell check keeps trying to correct, or am I just spelling it wrong all the time?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30 2011, 10:03

About Razorwings , i think part with no vehicle only screw this formation.
As if we need more AI. Thats instantdeath for marines at least.

abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 11:09

No vehicles makes sense from background, image result of wing snagging on a tank at supersonic speed.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 18:42

abjectus wrote:
Side note to people in England, I keep trying to spell second as secound. Is that a valid spelling American spell check keeps trying to correct, or am I just spelling it wrong all the time?
I'm not even from England and I'll tell you it's an incorrect spelling.

And no one buys Razorwings for anti-mech anyway.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 23:58

It is very close to the Spainish spelling but nope not any way I know of spelling it that way in English.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets   New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Dark Eldar Apocalypse Datasheets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: