THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Webway assassins (mandrakes)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sacredsilence
Hellion
Sacredsilence

Webway assassins (mandrakes)  Empty
PostSubject: Webway assassins (mandrakes)    Webway assassins (mandrakes)  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09 2018, 13:00

Hi all, I want to create some assassin teams to use as mandrakes, will need 15 in total. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to do this? I thought about using glade guard with wildrider torsos but the GG sculpts are pretty ancient
Back to top Go down
Sacredsilence
Hellion
Sacredsilence

PostSubject: Re: Webway assassins (mandrakes)    Webway assassins (mandrakes)  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09 2018, 13:01

Another thought was to use the naggaroth nightmares with different heads and wych weapons but they might look too heavily armoured?
Back to top Go down
Sacredsilence
Hellion
Sacredsilence

PostSubject: Re: Webway assassins (mandrakes)    Webway assassins (mandrakes)  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09 2018, 18:36

Last thought is to use harlequins and replace the pistol arms with wych ones. Don't know if players would be ok with that though
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Webway assassins (mandrakes)    Webway assassins (mandrakes)  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09 2018, 19:37

Common options for mandrakes:

Indoneth Deepkin - they are a little fancy/uparmored for mandrakes, but look reasonably sinister.
Wood Elf Tree Revenants/wraiths - they are a little big, but turn up the *not normal* aspect of mandrakes to 11.

Another: daughters of khaine. The basic unit ones. No reason all your mandrakes can’t be half-naked chicks with knives.
Back to top Go down
Sacredsilence
Hellion
Sacredsilence

PostSubject: Re: Webway assassins (mandrakes)    Webway assassins (mandrakes)  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10 2018, 04:37

I've seen these mentioned, great ideas but not quite the aesthetic I'm thinking of, I'm thinking more drukhari assassins/ninjas if you get what I mean
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Webway assassins (mandrakes)    Webway assassins (mandrakes)  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10 2018, 20:48

Nyss Hunters from Warmachine maybe?

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Webway assassins (mandrakes)    Webway assassins (mandrakes)  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10 2018, 21:46

Would these be any good?

Webway assassins (mandrakes)  Murder_Crows

Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Webway assassins (mandrakes)    Webway assassins (mandrakes)  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11 2018, 01:21

what about combining the Bladegheist Revenants with Dark Eldar legs/torsos?

It would involve a bit of modelling, but could be pretty sick if pulled off right.
Back to top Go down
Sacredsilence
Hellion
Sacredsilence

PostSubject: Re: Webway assassins (mandrakes)    Webway assassins (mandrakes)  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11 2018, 05:12

All great actually, I think I'll try the revenants, I was going to use them as they are before but will get some and see if adding legs is an option
Back to top Go down
Sacredsilence
Hellion
Sacredsilence

PostSubject: Re: Webway assassins (mandrakes)    Webway assassins (mandrakes)  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11 2018, 05:13

Those crows look nice too though, but want to have games in-store when I visit Europe next and they get a bit funny about non-GW models
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webway assassins (mandrakes)    Webway assassins (mandrakes)  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webway assassins (mandrakes)
Page 1 of 1