THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Solving the CP Farm Problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

Solving the CP Farm Problem Empty
PostSubject: Solving the CP Farm Problem   Solving the CP Farm Problem I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2018, 05:08

Everywhere people are mentioning cp farming and I think this is unsurprisingly leading to a non-diverse meta. From what I hear, people are mostly either taking imperial or eldar soup to competitive games. So, how would you change the status quo to ensure that the rewards for taking soup are evenly balanced?

My suggestions are thus: Whenever an army consists of units drawn from multiple army books, a “main book” must be declared before the game begins. Only units from that book get their chapter tactics/drukhari obsessions or equivalent. Additionally, when a player uses a Stratagem unique to an army book, they must pay an additional command point if the stratagem is not drawn from their main book. You can call this rule “Dominating Force”.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Solving the CP Farm Problem   Solving the CP Farm Problem I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2018, 15:39

Change how allies work IMO is the best way to fix both CP farm and Super Soups.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Solving the CP Farm Problem   Solving the CP Farm Problem I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30 2018, 15:54

How would you solve the allies problem?

Sent from Topic'it App

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Solving the CP Farm Problem   Solving the CP Farm Problem I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30 2018, 18:10

Make it like AoS, if picka many factions, then your are limited to ONLY whats on the datasheets for anything thats not in your main faction, so no traits, stratagems, etc..

Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Solving the CP Farm Problem   Solving the CP Farm Problem I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2018, 17:35

the big problem is the cheap guard battalion isnt it? why not change the guard instead? go back to their old form with one platoon counting as one troops choice
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Solving the CP Farm Problem   Solving the CP Farm Problem I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2018, 17:47

AzraeI wrote:
the big problem is the cheap guard battalion isnt it? why not change the guard instead? go back to their old form with one platoon counting as one troops choice

B.c we still have CA coming out in a month or 2, its either in November or December. The FAQ is there to change core BRB rules, fixing generic problems, not army specific problems such as points, just faqs.

CA hopefully will make Guardsman 5ppm, they should have been 5ppm from the start, no other 4ppm is anywhere near as good at all not one, most 5ppm arent as good, and some 6-7ppm arent as good.

Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Solving the CP Farm Problem   Solving the CP Farm Problem I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2018, 23:58

yeah but the whole meta defining problem revolves around one book, guard.

really? i dont think increasing the cost of guardsmen will solve this, they basically murdered conscripts and nerfed commissars into uselessness already, all the while gaunts are 5 ppm and have an army wide fearless rule. and an increase of 30 points for 5 cp is still bearable.

they either need to change the whole cp system: eg only your warlords faction/detachment can get relics, can generate cps and spend them or make the guard platoon a troops choice (platoon consisted of 1 cmd squad, 2 infantry squads and one heavy squad if my memory serves)
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Solving the CP Farm Problem   Solving the CP Farm Problem I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08 2018, 02:06

AzraeI wrote:
yeah but the whole meta defining problem revolves around one book, guard.

really? i dont think increasing the cost of guardsmen will solve this, they basically murdered conscripts and nerfed commissars into uselessness already, all the while gaunts are 5 ppm and have an army wide fearless rule. and an increase of 30 points for 5 cp is still bearable.

they either need to change the whole cp system: eg only your warlords faction/detachment can get relics, can generate cps and spend them or make the guard platoon a troops choice (platoon consisted of 1 cmd squad, 2 infantry squads and one heavy squad if my memory serves)

The thing is, they need to be 5ppm anyways. And its more than just 30pts. Players take 90+ models normally to gain the max benefits of the units/Mortars/Heavy Teams, its 6x10+Mortars. you are looking at almost 100pts more.

Then if the Knight goes up 100pts as rumor and players still want to take it, there wont be no where near as the problems we are having, thats a 200pt increase to current lists.

So something is going to have to change for those list, a 200pt decrease is A LOT

Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Solving the CP Farm Problem   Solving the CP Farm Problem I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08 2018, 11:52

i was more thinking of the loyal 32

Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Solving the CP Farm Problem   Solving the CP Farm Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2018, 03:05

I keep hearing about the loyal 32.  What are they?

Personally, I don't believe that Guard is the problem, so much as their ability to give command points to other CP hungry armies is.  Hence, I think a good way to solve both the allies problem and guard problem specifically is to restrict any CP generated to being used for stratagems for the army that generated them, and to limit all armies to one relic unless CP are spent for extra relics within the same codex.  This would mean Ynnari don't have any unique Strats. but I think they shouldn't have very many - the price they pay for such massive unit variety.  I would suggest maybe 3-5 stratagems is all they merit.

That said, I would like to see this combined with a return to what Soulburst once was. Without Webway portal I don't see how Dark Reapers would be an auto-win, but maybe I'm missing something.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Solving the CP Farm Problem   Solving the CP Farm Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2018, 05:13

Loyal 32 is IG battalion detachment

Normally its:

Company Commander - Relic/trait for CP regen (this might change now)
Company Commander
Infantry Squad
Infantry Squad
Infantry Squad

It is also popular to take Heavy Mortar Teams, it can also be said to be paired with a Imperial Supreme command, and finally it can have mortars on the 10mans

Base with 0 Mortars its 180pts for 5cp battalion with the best troops in the game.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Solving the CP Farm Problem   Solving the CP Farm Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2018, 07:54

PS its called Loyal 32 b.c its 32 Guardsman (30 troops and 2 HQ's), forgot to mention that, i just took for granted that its known, sorry.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solving the CP Farm Problem   Solving the CP Farm Problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solving the CP Farm Problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-
Jump to: