THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Venom and Darklight spam

Go down 
+2
alexxk
Igotahunch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Igotahunch
Slave
Igotahunch

Venom and Darklight spam Empty
PostSubject: Venom and Darklight spam   Venom and Darklight spam I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24 2018, 18:11

Battalion Detachment +5CP

Kabal of the Flayed Skull

HQ
Archon
Blast Pistol, Hatred Eternal, Huskblade, The Djin Blade, Warlord

Archon
Blast Pistol, Huskblade

TROOPS
5x Kabalite Warrior 47pts
Blaster

Blaster

Blaster

Blaster

Blaster

FAST ATTACK
Scourges 128pts
4x Blaster

Scourges 128pts
4x Blaster

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager  140pts
3x Dark Lance

Ravager 140pts
3x Dark Lance

Ravager 140pts
3x Dark Lance

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
Venom  75pts
Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

Venom 75pts

Venom 75pts

Venom  75pt

Venom 75pts

Venom 75pts

Air Wing Detachment +1CP

Kabal of the Black Heart

Razorwing Jetfighter 155pts
Splinter Cannon
2x Dark Lance

Splinter Cannon
2x Dark Lance

Splinter Cannon
2x Dark Lance

1998pts
9CP

Last edited by Igotahunch on Thu Oct 04 2018, 11:43; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
alexxk
Slave
alexxk

PostSubject: Re: Venom and Darklight spam   Venom and Darklight spam I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25 2018, 06:28

Your list looks fine, maybe you want atleast some desintegrator rays, so you have something vs primaris. I would actually swap all lances to dessintegrators....with the points you should be able to fit in another archon and make a spearhead with the ravagers and another archon...
Back to top Go down
Igotahunch
Slave
Igotahunch

PostSubject: Re: Venom and Darklight spam   Venom and Darklight spam I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25 2018, 14:59

Desintegrator cannons are superior, but this list doesn't need them. I'll just give primaris a poison bath if I go up against them or drill them with darklight shots if I don't have any better targets.
Back to top Go down
Garion
Kabalite Warrior
Garion

PostSubject: Re: Venom and Darklight spam   Venom and Darklight spam I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2018, 16:31

What about Necrons? Dark Light will struggle against Quantum shielding so maybe a mix of DLs and DCs?
Back to top Go down
http://apaintingchaos.blogspot.it
Igotahunch
Slave
Igotahunch

PostSubject: Re: Venom and Darklight spam   Venom and Darklight spam I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2018, 18:20

Unfortunately for Necrons their book isn't very good right now. That may change, but as it stands they only have a few models with quantum shielding. My list has 28 darklight weapons (30 if you include the blast pistols), which should be enough firepower to deal with the Doomsday Arks my opponent might have. But honestly I wounldn't build my army around Necrons right now.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Venom and Darklight spam   Venom and Darklight spam I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2018, 19:12

Change dark lance for disintegrator canons and blaster scourge for haywire scourge
Back to top Go down
Igotahunch
Slave
Igotahunch

PostSubject: Re: Venom and Darklight spam   Venom and Darklight spam I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2018, 09:15

Look guys I know dark lances seem like the fat kid right now, but they're still good.

This is a balanced list. I have my anti-infantry and anti-tank bases adequately covered.

110 18" splinter shots (92 are Flayed Skull)
15 dark lances
13 blasters
3 Razorwing missiles
2 melee archons

Disintegrator cannons are little more point efficient right now, but if my list is balanced already then we're just getting nitpicky with points. 28 darklight shots is nothing to sneeze at. The same argument is made for haywire blasters. If I have enough points left over after building my core list, I'll upgrade my scourges weapons to blasters. I won't get more bang for my buck, but I will get more bang.

I think GW is looking for that sweet spot for the disintegrator cannon right now. It was 30 points, now it's 15. I think it will land somewhere in the middle in the future (20-25 points) or get a stat line change.

Dark lances and splinter weapons will always be good.
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Venom and Darklight spam   Venom and Darklight spam I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2018, 11:15

Just out of curiosity, can I ask what’s the point of posting a list here and then refusing any suggestion saying “my list is fine”? XD
Back to top Go down
Igotahunch
Slave
Igotahunch

PostSubject: Re: Venom and Darklight spam   Venom and Darklight spam I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2018, 11:49

I'm just stirring things up really. I wanted to demonstrate that the kabal meta doesn't have to be just comprised of disintegrator cannons and haywire blasters. Dark Eldar are really good right now. Most of the things in our book are viable.
Back to top Go down
Igotahunch
Slave
Igotahunch

PostSubject: Re: Venom and Darklight spam   Venom and Darklight spam I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2018, 11:58

I did mention in the title what this army was about.
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Venom and Darklight spam   Venom and Darklight spam I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2018, 13:52

Igotahunch wrote:
I'm just stirring things up really. I wanted to demonstrate that the kabal meta doesn't have to be just comprised of disintegrator cannons and haywire blasters. Dark Eldar are really good right now. Most of the things in our book are viable.

Well, to demonstrate this you should win a major tournament, not posting a list!
So best luck with it!
Back to top Go down
Igotahunch
Slave
Igotahunch

PostSubject: Re: Venom and Darklight spam   Venom and Darklight spam I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08 2018, 00:18

I'm not really interested in playing in major tournaments. This is just for casual play. I've had quite a bit of success with it so far just playing at my local shop and in my basement.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Venom and Darklight spam   Venom and Darklight spam I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08 2018, 01:01

Igotahunch wrote:

I don't want to sound dismissive here but your list is very meta - the only things that are a bit unusual are the Ravagers being armed with Dark Lances and the Scourges. It's a very far way from demonstrating that most of our book is viable (which might well be the case, but is up for argument).

The Dark Eldar are very strong right now and this is a very strong looking list... it's just that we have access to other units and weapons which are stronger.
Back to top Go down
Igotahunch
Slave
Igotahunch

PostSubject: Re: Venom and Darklight spam   Venom and Darklight spam I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08 2018, 02:16

Yep, you're right. Sorry, Dark Eldar being good was a separate thought. I could have worded that better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venom and Darklight spam   Venom and Darklight spam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venom and Darklight spam
Page 1 of 1