THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Against Death Guard

Go down 
+3
Red Corsair
amishprn86
UmJamLam
7 posters
AuthorMessage
UmJamLam
Hellion
UmJamLam

Against Death Guard Empty
PostSubject: Against Death Guard   Against Death Guard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2018, 15:02

What have you all found works against Death Guard? I'm fairly certain we can outrun them, but I'm struggling to find anything that can output enough damage to take them out fast enough.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Against Death Guard   Against Death Guard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2018, 20:35

Make sure to kill the DP's, Drones, and Crawlers, honestly after that its just a battle of attrition.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsair
Kabalite Warrior
Red Corsair

PostSubject: Re: Against Death Guard   Against Death Guard I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20 2018, 04:38

amishprn86 wrote:
Make sure to kill the DP's, Drones, and Crawlers, honestly after that its just a battle of attrition.

Thats easier said then done. The major issue is getting past the ludicrous durability. I recently played against them round 1 in a tournament that used epidemious tally to get them all to even higher durability. My answer which worked OK was to focus down the bloat drones with my entire army while I use venoms to assault and tie down the crawlers. That said, I still struggled to remove his models. it took three turns to kill two bloat drones lol. I actually think they are one of our worst matchups, I did OK this time (second time facing his list) because I was rocking coven as my second obsession rather then cult, so he struggled to remove my stuff that walked him down.
Back to top Go down
CombatDrugs4Life
Hellion
CombatDrugs4Life

PostSubject: Re: Against Death Guard   Against Death Guard I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21 2018, 01:32

Mortal wounds. Haywire, screaming jets. Also, having poison weapons is great vs T5 and anything that buffs them, flayed skull or poisoned tongue will help. Otherwise use your maneuverability to secure objectives and deny objectives. Theres not much chance of killing them quickly.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Against Death Guard   Against Death Guard I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21 2018, 11:20

Surely even Mortal Wounds aren't that great when they have a 5+ save against them?
Back to top Go down
Red Corsair
Kabalite Warrior
Red Corsair

PostSubject: Re: Against Death Guard   Against Death Guard I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22 2018, 02:38

Nah mortal wounds suck, they can also use CP to heal their crap, double heal if they dip into forge world and get a helwright. Best answer is to grab more table with your speed, then lock up anything that isn't a bloat drone. Coven IMO is a must against death guard, we can actually match their durability with grots and talos. The list I have had the hardest time removing models from was:

Demon Battlion of Nurgle
Demon prince with wings and talons
Epidemious
2 units of 3 nurglings
10 plaguebearers

Death guard Out rider
Winged Prince talons
unit of 3 blight haulers
2 bloat drones

Death Guard Spearhead
Prince with wings and talons
3 Plague burst crawlers

That army gets scary if it gets the tally going, toughness 8 and 9 demon engines is no joke.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Against Death Guard   Against Death Guard I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22 2018, 09:28

You only use MW's like Torment GL to knock off the last wound on an important unit.

But with CWE supreme command... Doom/Jinx just makes it so much easier. They go down in 1/2 the shots its crazy good, you literally are picking off an important unit a turn, and the poison shots can focus on little guys, then you have extra shots to turn other units.
Back to top Go down
FullDE
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Against Death Guard   Against Death Guard I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2018, 15:08

Got a 1250 game coming up, not sure his list, but any pointers? I saw coven was mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Igotahunch
Slave
Igotahunch

PostSubject: Re: Against Death Guard   Against Death Guard I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2018, 07:34

I suggest you avoid splitting your fire. Death Guard are durable and you'll need to focus your attacks to kill their units. But, they're a bit slow and their plague spitters have a shorter range than our guns. I tend to spread my forces out and use my fast mobility to take objectives with venoms that they would have a hard time contesting from their area of the table, while focus firing the bloat drones and crawler tanks as they come. If my opponent camps a crawler on an objective, I'll usualy just let him have it and shoot at a unit that is a bigger threat to me this turn. You'll need a lot of high strength attacks to take chunks out of Death Guard. So, ravagers, talos, razorwing jetfighters, voidravens, grotesques, things like that. You can use your fast speed to kite them to some extent. You can also drop scourges beside or behind them, which will force them to change direction. Don't let them dominate the table and push you out. Their fat save makes them a pretty tough nut to crack, but it can be done with enough strength 5/8 attacks and mortal wounds.

Good luck with your game!

Last edited by Igotahunch on Sat Dec 29 2018, 03:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FullDE
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Against Death Guard   Against Death Guard I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2018, 19:39

Thank you. So have more dark lances than dissies?
Back to top Go down
Igotahunch
Slave
Igotahunch

PostSubject: Re: Against Death Guard   Against Death Guard I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2018, 20:38

Both are good against Death Guard, but because those annoying crawlers are T8, dissies are actually better at putting wounds on them than dark lances. Dark lances can still do work though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Against Death Guard   Against Death Guard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Against Death Guard
Page 1 of 1