THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help with some mathhammer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gary
Slave
Gary

Help with some mathhammer Empty
PostSubject: Help with some mathhammer   Help with some mathhammer I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2018, 01:23

Ok so I need some one with mathhammer skills. My Supreme Command is a Farseer(Doom, executioner)and 2 warlocks(1 Jinx 1 Quicken) costing 220pts. The rest of the list is Flayed Skull and Red Grief. Ok so using Doom and Jinx to bring down a unit each turn helps. But where is my break point for say using 220pts to add Blasters(or other weapons) instead of the Supreme command. I mean 220pts is a lot of blasters would that be more effective? Pls take into account that psy some times fails.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Help with some mathhammer   Help with some mathhammer I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2018, 08:55

First thing to do is work out the cost to add in the models you would need to be able to carry the blasters, as you probably haven't got enough in your list at the moment to add ~15 blasters.

Gary
Slave
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Help with some mathhammer   Help with some mathhammer I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2018, 10:17

Yes I get that I have to add cost of unit. But what I'm really trying to figure out is if the 220 is worth the cost basically for doom and jinx. It doesnt have to be blasters either that was just an example. It could be blast pistol or haywire blaster or DL. Also there are obvious other factors you can't really mathhammer. I.E. last game I doomed and Jinxed one target just for them to use some CP to give a -1 to hit to that unit. So switched target to another unit and blew it off the table. So psychologically it helped. But the next round failed both psyk test and got no benefit. Just frustrated and looking for some hard facts to help decide to keep them or toss them.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Gary
Slave
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Help with some mathhammer   Help with some mathhammer I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2018, 10:39

Well also looked back at my list and I can easily do 5BL 2DL and 4HaywireBL for 217. That was a quick look I am sure there are other options. But would the above be as less/equal/or more effective than Doom and Jinx from a math stand point. Psychologically it will depend on what armies and types of oponents I fave.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Help with some mathhammer   Help with some mathhammer I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2018, 11:33

Not sure it's something you can really use mathammer for. Say you're up against a Knight list. Cast Doom and Jinx on a Castellan and you're affecting something like a third of his army. Go against a horde list and you're maybe affecting less than 10% at best.

This might be useful if there's something in particular you want to work out.

Gary
Slave
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Help with some mathhammer   Help with some mathhammer I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2018, 12:01

Acctually that may help. It will take me some time to play the lists with and with out Supreme Commmand, but if I track the units each game that I try to doom and jinx then run them through the site you gave me. With other weapon options that I have avalible. Maybe I can come up with some solid evidence one way or the other. THX!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Help with some mathhammer   Help with some mathhammer I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28 2018, 19:44

Best comparison is to do the math.

Expected damage from your current weapons. A

Expected damage from your current weapons plus debuffs. B

Expected damage from additional weapons you could buy. C

If A+C > B, you have your answer.

If it’s close, you have to consider that these numbers are just the average, and more guns has a much higher damage ceiling. Jinx doesn’t do anything if you miss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with some mathhammer   Help with some mathhammer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with some mathhammer
Page 1 of 1