THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Summoning Daemons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

Summoning Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Summoning Daemons   Summoning Daemons I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29 2018, 12:35

Hey guys. So, I recently started a Thousand Sons army, and I wanted to double-check some things regarding the summoning of Daemons.

So, say I have a 2000 point list for a tournament, and I set aside 300 points as reinforcement points to summon Daemons with. Do I have to declare on my army roster what I'm choosing to summon? Or can I choose to summon any unit as long as it comes to less than the reinforcement points total? (for this purpose, 'any unit' refers to the Daemons choices in Codex: Thousand Sons).

Also, when I summon a unit, do I have to state how many of that unit I'm summoning? So if I, for instance, say I'm going to summon a squad of Flamers, do I have to say whether I'm summoning 3, 6 or 9 Flamers? Or can I choose how many based on the summoning roll? (For instance, if I choose to summon Flamers, which are 4 Power for 3, but I roll a 9 on the summoning roll, could I then summon 6 Flamers, which are 8 Power?)

Any insights on this would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Summoning Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summoning Daemons   Summoning Daemons I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29 2018, 22:06

You just say how many points are in reinforcements for summoning. Then its summoned based off 3D6 and PL's but you still take the points of that unit out of Reinforcements

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

Summoning Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summoning Daemons   Summoning Daemons I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30 2018, 01:34

@amishprn86 thanks for the response,  but... that wasn't quite what I was asking.

I wanted to know:

A: whether or not I need to declare what units I'm bringing to a tournament solely as reinforcement units.
and
B: if I state that I'm summoning 10 horrors, can I then summon 20 if the summoning roll is high enough.

(Sorry if I didn't make it that clear in the first post)
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

Summoning Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summoning Daemons   Summoning Daemons I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30 2018, 02:02

You don't need to declare what units are on your unit roster.

When you summon you declare what Chaos God you are summoning from, then roll the dice to determine the allowable power level. Once you know the power level then you pick which daemons to summon.

So process is:
1. Declare you are summoning Tzeentch
2. Roll summoning dice, e.g. 6 + 2 + 4
3. Check what you can summon for 12 PL and sufficient points in your roster
4. Put 30 Horrors on the board

Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

Summoning Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summoning Daemons   Summoning Daemons I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30 2018, 10:23

Ah, okay. Thanks for the response @Kantalla.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Summoning Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summoning Daemons   Summoning Daemons I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30 2018, 12:39

Worth noting because you said "to a tournament", USUALLY you don't have to declare, but individual tournaments may have different rules.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Summoning Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summoning Daemons   Summoning Daemons I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31 2018, 20:50

Squidmaster wrote:
Worth noting because you said "to a tournament", USUALLY you don't have to declare, but individual tournaments may have different rules.

Yeah, you need to check, something they make house rules.. well a lot of the times.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

Summoning Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summoning Daemons   Summoning Daemons I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17 2018, 22:16

Sorry to bring up a (slightly) dead thread, but one more question came to mind.

Does summoning count as 'deep strike' for the purposes of the Tactical Reserves rule? In other words, do I have to wait for battle round 2 to summon them, or are they somehow exempt from this rule? I just wanted to clarify this as, in a few casual matches, I've summoned a daemon in the first battle round, and didn't know if I was doing it wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Summoning Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summoning Daemons   Summoning Daemons I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18 2018, 10:18

I think, because technically this is still a "beta" rule, summoning has not been taken into account.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

Summoning Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summoning Daemons   Summoning Daemons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summoning Daemons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-