THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Magnetizing Ravager Weapons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PowerFromPain71
Hellion
PowerFromPain71

Magnetizing Ravager Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Magnetizing Ravager Weapons   Magnetizing Ravager Weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11 2018, 01:09

So, I’m facing a problem. When I started Dark Eldar, dark lance spam was the optimal load out for Ravagers. Now disintegrator cannons are all the rage, but now what do I do with my old Ravagers? I don’t want to buy new ones for the disintegrators, but I don’t want to be stuck with the dark lances.

I’m wondering if anyone in our community has tried to rig it so that they could switch between the two different weapons, and how they did it. I’m thinking of cutting off the muzzles of each weapon and using magnets to switch them out when needed. If anyone has any recommendations, seeing as I’ve never used magnets before, any tips or comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Magnetizing Ravager Weapons   Magnetizing Ravager Weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11 2018, 11:05

The simplest way to magnetize Dark Lances and Disintegrators is to make two cuts like so:

Magnetizing Ravager Weapons Z0koX6j

You file down what's left of the barrel and simply glue to magnets in there, slightly extending it, but virtually unchanging it visually and making it possible to swap out even for models that have them glued into place. This was the first thing I ever magnetized myself, so it's really the most straightforward way to do it.

lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: Magnetizing Ravager Weapons   Magnetizing Ravager Weapons I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2018, 21:47

Seconding the post above. I keep the Dark Lance base and just magnetize the barrels. It fits great.
Back to top Go down
DrunkinChaps44
Slave
DrunkinChaps44

PostSubject: Re: Magnetizing Ravager Weapons   Magnetizing Ravager Weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29 2018, 03:45

I am starting a Dark Eldar army myself and I like the idea of magnetizing weapons/arms so that I can take a nice variety of weapon options. I don't have any experience with magnets so I am bit concerned that it will turn into a bigger pain than it is worth. Some of the vehicle weapons seem easy enough, but I'm particularly nervous about magnetizing arms because they are so thin. What do you guys think? Is it pretty challenging to pull off? Would it be worth the reward? Any tips would of course be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: Magnetizing Ravager Weapons   Magnetizing Ravager Weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29 2018, 04:34

did the magnetizing with my first ravager, i went a few steps further and can convert mine to a basic raider if/when needed.

snipping off the tips and drilling in some tiny magnets worked great as the back ends of the guns are almost identical. just be careful getting the cut/magnets aligned properly, ive got one that a little crooked.
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: Magnetizing Ravager Weapons   Magnetizing Ravager Weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29 2018, 04:35

- double post -
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magnetizing Ravager Weapons   Magnetizing Ravager Weapons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magnetizing Ravager Weapons
Page 1 of 1