THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How do we beat Orks?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue_Eyed_Devil
Slave
Blue_Eyed_Devil

How do we beat Orks? Empty
PostSubject: How do we beat Orks?   How do we beat Orks? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24 2018, 04:23

Especially against 25 lootas behind a Grot shield out of LoS or deepstriking?

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: How do we beat Orks?   How do we beat Orks? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24 2018, 11:12

AoV the shield, DS Scourges with Shredders and have fun.

Also lots of Grots Wink

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: How do we beat Orks?   How do we beat Orks? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24 2018, 15:23

As mentioned before, you must AoV the Grot Shield. Then deep strike Scourges, Mandrakes or gun boats to shoot it. Or if you have two Voidraven Bombers, two void mines should wipe out most of the squad. Loota Stars are something people need to be prepared for now just like Knights. Fortunately for DE, AoV is a pretty hard counter to the Lootas secret weapon: the Grot Shield. If your opponent’s Lootas get more than one turn of shooting, you’ve done something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Blue_Eyed_Devil
Slave
Blue_Eyed_Devil

PostSubject: Re: How do we beat Orks?   How do we beat Orks? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24 2018, 17:46

Shame it’s such a CP heavy solution. If they go first we’re probably going to Vect the double shoot too.

I have plenty of Talos. They seem to blend infantry pretty well. Are grots better at this?
Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

PostSubject: Re: How do we beat Orks?   How do we beat Orks? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2018, 00:57

Yeah, grots have more attacks and wounds than Talos so they are better for lots of single wound models. I like Talos to beat up monsters and vehicles with their damage 2 weapons and high strength.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

PostSubject: Re: How do we beat Orks?   How do we beat Orks? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2018, 11:18

My issue with orks is the flexibility they have. Im not sure what kind of list I should be bringing to be ready for then. What are some of the main lists/strats people have been coming up against from them? Is it mostly huge melee blobs, is it more mechanised armies or is it shooty infantry?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: How do we beat Orks?   How do we beat Orks? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2018, 12:02

Huge melee blobs are easy to deal with with soup.

But we are in a nice place, just need to change how we play a bit.

Wyches +1Str, +1 atk and Doom, a 99pt unit can easily kill a 30 Ork blob (those are 230-250pts on average), if you are picking a unit and removing it each turn, then your 100pt Doom caster will heavily make up the points, alone with the Wyches.

This is the same for Grots/Coven, tho i feel if you play well and with good terrain the Wyches might do better, but Grots are also really good, if you are unsure go Coven.

Having AoV and DSing units to deal with the back line, frontal assault to deal witht he front and units like RWJF/Ravagers as threats to keep the frontal assault alive and to deal with other Ork units.

I have no fear for Orks persoanlly.

Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

PostSubject: Re: How do we beat Orks?   How do we beat Orks? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2018, 12:49

amishprn86 wrote:
Huge melee blobs are easy to deal with with soup.

But we are in a nice place, just need to change how we play a bit.

Wyches +1Str, +1 atk and Doom, a 99pt unit can easily kill a 30 Ork blob (those are 230-250pts on average), if you are picking a unit and removing it each turn, then your 100pt Doom caster will heavily make up the points, alone with the Wyches.

This is the same for Grots/Coven, tho i feel if you play well and with good terrain the Wyches might do better, but Grots are also really good, if you are unsure go Coven.

Having AoV and DSing units to deal with the back line, frontal assault to deal witht he front and units like RWJF/Ravagers as threats to keep the frontal assault alive and to deal with other Ork units.

I have no fear for Orks persoanlly.

I run a pure DE list but I'm currently thinking similar to you with my current 1500 point list being 9 grots, 3 Talos w haywire, 3x5 wracks, urien, haem and 3x RWJF w dissis.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: How do we beat Orks?   How do we beat Orks? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2018, 14:32

yeah, i think you either go Coven or you go Wych.

If you dont want Ynnari and Pure DE, then for sure 100% go Coven.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do we beat Orks?   How do we beat Orks? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do we beat Orks?
Page 1 of 1