THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Poison Rain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
realcdnbcn
Slave
realcdnbcn

Poison Rain Empty
PostSubject: Poison Rain   Poison Rain I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27 2018, 20:42

Hi Everyone, I am new to the Dark Eldar, and have started my journey on my real space raiders I am calling Creeping Death.

My journey to Commorragh started with a fellow player I occasionally game with, who has a friend who no longer plays and was looking to unload some of his armies. After seeing the Scourge and Talos models I immediately made an offer (trying to play it cool of course to work on a bigger discount - something I imagine Vect would do).

I couldn't come up with a colour scheme right away, so a couple of the guys in my gaming group suggested the colour scheme. Well, its been painful to learn to paint yellow, and I almost gave up at least twice. I must have paint stripped at least 10-15 test models. BUT, I finally feel like I have a method and understanding of what to do and thus have a path forward I can see!

So, I guess the goal of this thread is to help keep me motivated to keep the hobby progress going. I really want to have them ready for LVO 2019.

Here is one of my first completed Wyches

Poison Rain B28c9110

Last edited by realcdnbcn on Wed Nov 28 2018, 06:52; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
realcdnbcn
Slave
realcdnbcn

Poison Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poison Rain   Poison Rain I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28 2018, 06:51

Poison Rain 8dc74f10
Back to top Go down
realcdnbcn
Slave
realcdnbcn

Poison Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poison Rain   Poison Rain I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28 2018, 06:52

Poison Rain 5d74e010
Back to top Go down
realcdnbcn
Slave
realcdnbcn

Poison Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poison Rain   Poison Rain I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28 2018, 06:53

Poison Rain 6b09d410
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Poison Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poison Rain   Poison Rain I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28 2018, 09:50

Nice solid work. Looks good!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Lyijysiipi
Hellion
Lyijysiipi

Poison Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poison Rain   Poison Rain I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28 2018, 20:42

I also say nice solid work. Definitely extra points for that delightfully garish color scheme! It is always fun to see someone pull of the brighter colors among the Dark Kin.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

Poison Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poison Rain   Poison Rain I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2019, 01:05

This looks awesome. Yellow is a brave colour to go for - and you've really nailed it. Purple and yellow work very, very well together. I especially enjoy the light-to-dark shading you've done on your purples - those scourge wings, the shardnet, just perfect.

I find the skin tones interesting - the first model with the glaive has a pale, purpley vibe whereas a lot of the others have more of a mild, fleshy look. It's rare to see mixed skin tones in an army - and it's good to see it when it does show up. Nicely done!

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Poison Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poison Rain   Poison Rain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poison Rain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-