THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Basing Idea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DrunkinChaps44
Slave
DrunkinChaps44

Basing Idea Empty
PostSubject: Basing Idea   Basing Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30 2018, 01:37

Hello,

I'm trying to plan out a basing idea for my Kabal of the Last Hatred army that I am going to build. Because I will be using a darker purple color sheme, I would like to take advantage of the purple color triangle and incorporate some orange and green into the base. One concept I have come across is from the GW textured paints pdf where they use a texture of stirland mud with a ryza rust drybrush. I would then put some tufts of grass around the base to add a little green. What do you guys think? I'm a bit colorblind so planning out color schemes is certainly not my strong suit.

Basing Idea Stirla10
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

Basing Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basing Idea   Basing Idea I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02 2018, 02:50

should work nicely. The Stirland mud almost looks like it has purplish undertones to the brown (but that could just be the picture)

I would go for it. Worst case scenario, try it out on a spare base and then see how it would look with your model before painting it on the actual base of the model
Back to top Go down
DrunkinChaps44
Slave
DrunkinChaps44

Basing Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basing Idea   Basing Idea I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02 2018, 19:49

I think I am gonna try the orange mud with some small stones on the base. I'll paint the stones a dark grey and the rim black. I'll post pictures when I finish my test model.
Back to top Go down
DrunkinChaps44
Slave
DrunkinChaps44

Basing Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basing Idea   Basing Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06 2018, 01:43

Here are some pictures of my test model. I apologize for the very poor lighting in my apartment. Overall I am very happy with how the armor came out. I love the purple armor with the blue hair and orange eyes. A couple of changes/adjustments I am considering:

1) Adding an extra layer of purple highlights to the very tips of all the pointy parts

2) Painting the silver on the back half of the gun black

3) Using a darker brown for the pouches and leather parts around the waist.

I initially wasn't super thrilled with the base as it was more difficult to dry brush than I anticipated resulting in more orange than I wanted. I think the bone colored drybrush over the top helped break it up and its grown on me a bit more. I know the pictures are high quality but what do you guys think?

Basing Idea Img_2017

Basing Idea Img_2014

Basing Idea Img_2013

Basing Idea Img_2016
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Basing Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basing Idea   Basing Idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basing Idea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum