THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8th = buff stacking.

Go down 
+8
Count Adhemar
HERO
Jimsolo
Burnage
Soulless Samurai
amishprn86
TeenageAngst
Painjunky
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

8th = buff stacking.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8th = buff stacking.    8th = buff stacking.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06 2019, 20:18

Well, with the CA stratagems, you have a unit with 2 dice, and the 2 important units have re-rolls on the cult chart, if you 2nd important unit doesnt make it, spend 1 more CP to re ambush them next turn.

With +1 atk, +2str on your key unit (Either Aberrants or Purestrain) and your key unit 2 dice re-roll, with re-roll hits of 1, you only need 1 key unit to get into 2-3 units to win the game. Genestealers will kill 3 units on the charge, 100 S6 attacks with AP is insane, I've seen Aberrants kill 2 units on 1 charge.

You just need to buff the right unit at the right time, then you have another 40-50 basically shotgun, CCW +1 atk or str Guardsmen as shields for your other characters and chaff clearing.

If one of you 10man Shotgun units can shoot twice, it will easily kill equal points in any other chaff and more so. 80 total shots, at least some at S4, most will be S3 tho, but thats still 40 hits from a 50pt unit.

I know it doesnt sound like much, but when you add the powers (Buff stacking) its stupid insane.

I now im repeating myself, but its a total of, +2str, +1 attack, no overwatch, make them shoot their own unit, re-roll hits, adding dice to ambush table and re-rolls. And you skip turn 1 (For many missions and ITC you are denying points)

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: 8th = buff stacking.    8th = buff stacking.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2019, 17:04

I've never had to face genestealer cults, but that does sound quite solid. Dealing with 100 s6 attacks with ap sounds incredibly difficult. I imagine they are only going to get stronger with their new codex as they are gaining a fair amount of new units plus the usual full range of psychic powers, stratagems and relics.

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 8th = buff stacking.    8th = buff stacking.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2019, 20:54

Lord Asvaldir wrote:
I've never had to face genestealer cults, but that does sound quite solid. Dealing with 100 s6 attacks with ap sounds incredibly difficult. I imagine they are only going to get stronger with their new codex as they are gaining a fair amount of new units plus the usual full range of psychic powers, stratagems and relics.

Right now they are very good at 1 thing, they are the best at alpha melee strike, no one else can do it better.

The thing is, will GW change that?

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: 8th = buff stacking.    8th = buff stacking.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2019, 23:08

Hard to say I think at this point, I think GW has revealed most of the new models GC are getting but I haven't seen any concrete information about any changes to how the army works. We'll probably find out in a few weeks though, I imagine GC are coming soon after the goblin wave for AoS is finished.

PostSubject: Re: 8th = buff stacking.    8th = buff stacking.  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8th = buff stacking.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2