THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Totally new to 40k

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KinkyApocalypse
Slave
KinkyApocalypse

Totally new to 40k Empty
PostSubject: Totally new to 40k   Totally new to 40k I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2018, 00:56

Greetings archons, succubi, and haemonculi!

The title says it all. I've been interested in 40k for a long time, but am only just now entering the hobby for realsies after my wife bought me a Drukhari start collecting box as a wedding gift (the older one with the archon and raider!)

I was tempted by the tyranids, and I thought the orks were hilarious, but after much deliberation I had to settle on those Edited for language who were so kinky they caused an apocalypse and still didn't reconsider their life choices for an instant.

So, here I am, a total newb who has yet to assemble and paint even his first model. I live in Portland, Oregon, so if anybody has some connections in the local community I'm looking for an inroad! I don't have a gaming group yet, and I think I could use some painting instruction

Looking forward to gaming with you all!

Please try to maintain our family friendly rules - Baron T
Back to top Go down
TavernerHedris
Slave
TavernerHedris

Totally new to 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally new to 40k   Totally new to 40k I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2019, 16:39

Welcome to the Dark City!

As your super new ill ask the obvious question, do you have a local Games Workshop anywhere near you? They will give you a tutorial on painting to get you started. its how i got into it and im loving it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/tavernerhedris/
KinkyApocalypse
Slave
KinkyApocalypse

Totally new to 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally new to 40k   Totally new to 40k I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2019, 16:58

Yeah, there’s one not too far from me that I’m starting to go to when I want to work on stuff. They’ve been super friendly and helpful!

I managed to finish assembling my first model (the raider) a few days ago, which is exciting

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Artur_claro
Slave
Artur_claro

Totally new to 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally new to 40k   Totally new to 40k I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2019, 19:48

KinkyApocalypse wrote:
after my wife bought me a Drukhari start collecting box as a wedding gift (the older one with the archon and raider!)

If only my wife and kids would just as much let me have some quality time around my minis, let alone gift a start collecting set!!
Where can I find a wife like yours?! Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
TavernerHedris
Slave
TavernerHedris

Totally new to 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally new to 40k   Totally new to 40k I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04 2019, 08:27

Artur_claro wrote:
KinkyApocalypse wrote:
after my wife bought me a Drukhari start collecting box as a wedding gift (the older one with the archon and raider!)

If only my wife and kids would just as much let me have some quality time around my minis, let alone gift a start collecting set!!
Where can I find a wife like yours?! Razz Razz Razz
Get her interested in the universe, see what she likes and just buy her a kit. i got my missus into it by trying to teach a friend of ours kid his first words, those being "Blood for the Blood God!!". she then got curious about the other Chaos gods and got interested in Slaanesh. then i just got her a box of Deamonettes for crimbo and last night we went and brought Wrath and Rapture.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/tavernerhedris/
Sponsored content

Totally new to 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totally new to 40k   Totally new to 40k I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Totally new to 40k
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

HIGH COMMORRAGH

:: Port Of Lost Souls