THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Crystal Targeting Matrix;

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

Crystal Targeting Matrix; Empty
PostSubject: Crystal Targeting Matrix;   Crystal Targeting Matrix; I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17 2019, 14:56

Hi, just looking to clarify how the Crystal Targeting Matrix works alongside other rules.

If used on a Hornet, in conjunction with its Lightning Assault special rule, does the CTM allow me to Move and Advance whilst still firing its heavy weapons at normal ballistic skill?
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Targeting Matrix;   Crystal Targeting Matrix; I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17 2019, 18:05

I would say you can't shoot at all. It doesn't make the weapons assault it just says they can fire without penalty.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Targeting Matrix;   Crystal Targeting Matrix; I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17 2019, 21:13

You have to have assault weapon to advance and shoot.

Edit: Unless it says "You can advance and shoot this weapon even if it were heavy"
Back to top Go down
Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Targeting Matrix;   Crystal Targeting Matrix; I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2019, 10:52

Thank you for the replies both. It has confirmed what I thought.

Since their points went down I have been looking to reintroduce Hornets into my lists. I was looking at the pros and cons of taking the Pulse laser over the basic cannons. Trying to decide if the extra -1 to hit using Lightning Assault is ever going to be something I would use in actual play?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Targeting Matrix;   Crystal Targeting Matrix; I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2019, 13:08

Hornets with Shuriken do little damage but are almost always -3 to hit, an annoying little unit. Their main gun used to be assault (could move flat out and still shoot) idk why they changed it in 8th, it SHOULD be assault. Honestly its most likely b.c FW is f in the a atm.
Back to top Go down
Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Targeting Matrix;   Crystal Targeting Matrix; I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2019, 14:05

I agree, I always used them in 7th.

I will probably add them in to an allies list with my dissie Ravagers and Reaper...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Targeting Matrix;   Crystal Targeting Matrix; I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crystal Targeting Matrix;
Page 1 of 1