THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

GW is awesome

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

GW is awesome Empty
PostSubject: GW is awesome   GW is awesome I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2019, 02:40

Hey everyone, Long time no talk. I have been absent from the forums for the last couple years due to life stuff.

I just wanted to post this to let everyone know a little story...

Long story short I lived in Paradise California during the camp fire and my house burnt down. I lost everything that I had ever owned including my very large Miniatures collection. 40k, Infinity, Malifaux, AoS, Bolt Action... you get the picture. Pretty devastating to say the least, but me and my S/O are alive and that's all you can really hope for in a time like that.

I was pretty bummed out about losing everything and trying to decide what I wanted to start working on first. Well Some people reached out to me, put me in contact with GW and GW sent me an army for FREE.

It is pretty dope to see the 40k community strong and I was super impressed by GW's contribution considering how they have been in the past. The future is looking strong. If you guys were ever losing faith in GW then maybe this helps. Heres a picture of what GW sent me, not including some other contributions from players around the US.

GW is awesome Q3wKujY

A great start to a raiding party that I had previous lost. Meant a lot to have a whole community of people I had never meet reach a hand and help me out. Even to a Dark Eldar player... haha.

Huge shout out to these guys, the community, and of course GW.

http://theindependentcharacters.com/blog/

Wych
Siticus the Ancient

GW is awesome Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW is awesome   GW is awesome I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2019, 09:10

Good to know you and your loved ones are safe and definitely a kind move from GW and the community to get you back on track, helping to move on. Hope to see these guys built and painted soon!

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

GW is awesome Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW is awesome   GW is awesome I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2019, 10:39

Nice move from GW there. Can't imagine that happening under Kirby.

MOD HAT ON: Topic moved as it's nothing to do with Splintermind.

Number6
Slave
Number6

GW is awesome Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW is awesome   GW is awesome I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2019, 19:01

That was really cool of GW.  I'm glad you are OK. My wife and I live just south of SF on the Peninsula, and were having trouble dealing with just the smoke in our area.  I can't imagine what it must have been like for anyone whose home was there, especially how quickly it got going.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

GW is awesome Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW is awesome   GW is awesome I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2019, 15:16

Wow that's an incredible amount of models GW sent you, really nice to see how far GW has come in the last few years in just becoming a company that actually cares about their customers now.

Sybarite
Its_Rumble

GW is awesome Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW is awesome   GW is awesome I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2019, 18:53

Yea it is definitely quite impressive. Thank you all for the well wishes, it was not fun but we got through it.

GW is awesome Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW is awesome   GW is awesome I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GW is awesome
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: