THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

yncarne question

Go down 
+3
Squidmaster
Gizamaluke
DevilDoll
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 09:29

Hi just a quick question...
After all the faq, chapter apporved, rules changes etc is it possible right now to include an aux support detachment with the yncarne and remain battleforged?
if you do is your whole army considered ynnari and do you loose faction bonuses?
thx
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 10:08

Yep you can take him, I would argue he doesn't even need to be your warlord if taken in an auxiliary detachment.
Nope, he only makes the detachment he is in gain the Ynnari Keyword so the rest of your army is whatever it started out as.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 10:20

nice thank you good to know...! i got the triumvirate recently cause i find the models cool (also im converting the visarch into my archon but who doesnt?) and since i have them sitting anyway i thought why the heck not to use him in a friendly game just for the lulz..!
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 11:51

1. Yes, you CAN take the Yncarne in an Auxilary Detachment.

2. The current rules as they stand in the Index Xenos 1 FAQ are "that including any of the three characters makes them your Warlord. Specifically:
"If your army is Battle-forged and the Warlord of your army is either Yvraine, the Visarch or the Yncarne then you can include any of these models in any Craftworlds, Harlequins or Drukhari Detachment (as defined in their respective codexes), provided that the Detachment does not include any of the following: Urien Rakarth, Drazhar, Mandrakes, the Avatar of Khaine or any <Haemonculus Coven> units."
So, as I read that, your army can include any of those three models in the army is Battle Forged and one of them is the Warlord.

3. A Detachment only becomes Ynnari if it includes one of the three.
"If Yvraine, the Visarch or the Yncarne is included in a Detachment, all Aeldari units in that Detachment gain the Ynnari keyword."
So you can have fro example a Drukhari Detachment alongside an Ynnari one, but the Drukhari Detachment will only gain the Ynnari keyword and Ynnari special abilities if that Detachment includes one of the three characters.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 12:01

hmmm the only thing that i dont agree with is about it needing to be your warlord...
Nowhere does it state that if you include it in your army it HAS to be your warlord only that if you include it in a detachment with with either Craftw, Drukh, harlies then it must be.
So the way i see it Gizamaluke seems to be right if you put it in an aux support detachment you dont have to make it your warlord... unless im missing something
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 12:41

I think I have to agree with Squidmaster. The FAQ says:

Quote :
‘If your army is Battle-forged and the Warlord of your army is either Yvraine, the Visarch or the Yncarne then you can include any of these models in any Craftworlds, Harlequins or Drukhari Detachment...'

This seems to be the only way to include any of these models in your army and therefore they must be your warlord.

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 13:17

Yep. Taking any Triumvirate models requires a Triumvirate warlord.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 13:59

I questioned this before, a detachment is decided by it's contents so adding Craftworld to a detachment makes it Craftworld. Since he's the only dude in the detachment and he doesn't have a craftworld, Drukhari or Harlequin keyword he can't make the Auxiliary Detachment into any of those.
The way I read it, if you make him the warlord you CAN include him on a CWE/DE detachment. Since he isn't in any of those detachments but on his own, he doesn't have to be the warlord.

But I understand a lot of people think RAI is that they have to be Warlord so I just run it that way to avoid issues.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 14:46

I can see the argument there but it's probably one for a FAQ answer if you want 100% clarity.

The whole Ynnari thing is a total mess and GW clearly hasn't got a clue what to do with them.

Gorgon
Hellion
Gorgon

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 16:51

In one of the faqs, it says imperium, chaos, aeldari and ynnari are not valid keywords for building a detachment, which means that you can't take them in say a supreme command with none of them as the warlord (you could if you made one the warlord and added in say a warlock). But as written I don't see anything against one in an auxiliary detachment.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 19:44

No you can not, b.c of Battle brother rules.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 22:14

amishprn86 wrote:

Battle Brothers prevents the use of Aeldari/Ynnari as the common keyword in a detachment not the army, it does nothing to prevent the Yncarne who has both those tags from being in an auxiliary.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2019, 10:09

Gizamaluke wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:

Battle Brothers prevents the use of Aeldari/Ynnari as the common keyword in a detachment not the army, it does nothing to prevent the Yncarne who has both those tags from being in an auxiliary.

What? lol, an Aux is a detachment.

Battle Brothers "All units in a detachment in your battle forge army must have at least one faction keyword in common. In addition this keyword cannot be, Chaos, Imperial, Aeldari, Ynnari, or Tyranids, unless the detachment is a fortification".

So, an Aux is a detachment, Ynnari character in a solo detachment is only 1 faction keyword and that is Ynnari.

Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2019, 10:33

By that logic they can't be in any detachment as they don't have a shared Keyword other than Aeldari and Ynnari. I'm pretty sure they have a line of rules that alleviates the battle brothers rule for them in a detachment but I'm at work so can't find it right now.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2019, 10:45

yncarne question Screen10

You can included these models in the detachment even if you are using the Battle Brothers matched play rule.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2019, 10:51

Yeah, that says you cant... lol

It says you can add them to a Quins, DE, CWE detachment, your Aux is neither of those 3...... That rule you stated is there to give them the ability to mix with CWE/DE/Quins without breaking the factio keywords b.c they dont have those (DE, Quins, CWE) keywords

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2019, 10:57

Okay, let's keep the discussion civil, please. There's no reason for taunts and jibes.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2019, 10:59

What taunts? what are you talking about?

Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2019, 15:00

I'm guessing he means putting Lol after things can sound quite demeaning, but don't worry I wasn't offended. Upon rereading I would agree that the wording "the detachment" in the final bit means that if it's not a CWE etc detachment the exemption from Battle Brothers doesn't come into play and thus the Yncarne cannot be in an auxiliary and must be your warlord. Of course that makes him pretty useless in a majority DE list as we don't have any prime candidates for Soulburst (Or one that's would prefer it over PfP) but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

yncarne question Empty
PostSubject: Re: yncarne question   yncarne question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

yncarne question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-